Gaming System Help in India

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would really like to buy a Gaming PC with the following specs.

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93 Ghz Dual-Core)
ASUS Striker Extreme Motherboard
4 GB DDR 2 Memory
Xfx Geforce 8800 Ultra or ATI Radeon X2900 (upcoming 1GB Model)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium
Seagate 300 GB HDD
Any GPU compatible 700 watt + PSU

The problems are:
Availability of Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Processor
Availability of ASUS Striker Extreme
Price for Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 & ASUS Striker Extreme

As I live in India I doubt the Availability of Core 2 Extreme X6800 and Striker Extreme Motherboard.

Can anyone help me clearing my problems.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Please, Please please please take my advice and please please please wait for atleast 2 months. Prices fall take some time to reach india, and its recently fallen, so just wait.

Moreover, do NOT go for the current intel platforms, not even for the 680iSLI motherboard. Wait for some time and choose the upcoming DDR3 platform. Since you are shelling so much i doubt you would mind shelling something more for what can promise you for years !

Also, just wait for the launch of penryn. I dunno if there'll be 45nm Quad cores, but even if you go taking the normal ones, go for the Q6600 instead. I think it's lower in cost to the X6800, and you get 4 mammoth cores !

4 gb of memory is mammoth, and it would benefit you only if you take all of it in dd3, even though you have to make a bitter wait, believe me, its worth it.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Please, Please please please take my advice and please please please wait for atleast 2 months. Prices fall take some time to reach india, and its recently fallen, so just wait.

Moreover, do NOT go for the current intel platforms, not even for the 680iSLI motherboard. Wait for some time and choose the upcoming DDR3 platform. Since you are shelling so much i doubt you would mind shelling something more for what can promise you for years !

Also, just wait for the launch of penryn. I dunno if there'll be 45nm Quad cores, but even if you go taking the normal ones, go for the Q6600 instead. I think it's lower in cost to the X6800, and you get 4 mammoth cores !

4 gb of memory is mammoth, and it would benefit you only if you take all of it in dd3, even though you have to make a bitter wait, believe me, its worth it.

What about the price of X6800

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I really dont know, the last time i saw it was 50000.

But just see this, the Q6600 has 4 cores running at 2.4 ghz, which can be overclocked further. And converting the dollar prices into rupees, its just 12500 !

Are u kidding Core 2 Extreme X6800 for RS 50000 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread