• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
IMO it's pretty much impossible to identify a good centre back from a bad one, there are a few outstanding ones like kompany when he's on form and thiago silva obviously. football tactics are very weighted against them right now though, the main threats come from out wide where it's impossible to man mark. a defender is declared rubbish if he's out of position on occassion. that's like messi being declared rubbish if he's caught offside once.

it's more about how well a manager sets up his stall to protect them, how deep they're told to be and what support they get from the midfield.

I like hummels though, germany played very high and he was caught from time to time but he seemed able to tidy up after himself well enough.

Ye I'm no coach, but this decline in quality defender & full-backs who defend well is the issue I have not been able to properly understand ha.

Agreed that tactics and how managers sets up his mid-field to make is very plausible reason but i'd love to personally quiz elite coaches about this.

Its obvious that T Silva and Lahm are the two standout examples of defender/full-back who bring have the old school defensive virtues - while the Juve back 5 o Chellini/Barzagli/Bonnuci/Leichestenier/Asmoah (spell check) is the best defensive unit across Europe in recent seasons.

Complicated issue for sure...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
He probably won't even be on the bench if Real take Pool seriously tbh...[DOUBLEPOST=0][/DOUBLEPOST]I really can't remember the last time I saw him play, for Real or Spain.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well while everyone is caught up with Man Uniteds' struggles, an interesting early season development in Germany going up with newly promoted SC Paderborn leading bundesliga

Users who are viewing this thread