Getting demoted...is it a bad thing...my situation...

sharmaz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, i finished this season 5th in division III.9
As you know this is the 3rd division and is pretty hard !! Because i finished 5th i have a playoff match against a BOT team, so if i lose i go down to that BOT team's league.
But im thinking, that isnt a bad thing because when i saw the league all the team were BOTS which would make this league super easy for me.

So i was thinking, what if i lost my play-off match on purpose and got demoted down to 4th division, conquer that league and get promoted again next season and hopefully go into an easier 3rd division league !!
I will still get the same income on home games as i would playing a NON BOT team so i got nothing to lose, and hopefully if i get promoted (without being big headed :P) i will join an easier 3rd division team which would give me a better chance of getting a better position in the division.
My league is really hard compared to other 3rd division leagues.

What do you guys think about all of this, do you think i should go ahead with my plan ?
Thanks.

Sharmaz.

FreddieFan

International Coach
If you're good enough to get 5th in your league then you're good enough to be there. Hence stay there.

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
I would say that you should stay in division 3 because you can still improve your team during the next season in and you might even be able to come 2nd/3rd next season. If you do go down to division 4 then you will have to win all the games and then u will have to hope that you get promoted into an easier div3. if you dont then therez the same problem again...you would be better off in div 3

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
stay in Div 3

i had got demoted (finished 6th, lost play off, very close game) got promoted (via a play off) this season, would have got auto-promoted if i didn't mess up first game of the season

it was a fairly dull season, only one other user was active (had a bit of banter via BT mail) and thats not very exciting, my team would probably have the same stats now if i stayed in IV, id probably have a similar balance, but with a slightly (maybe 1k) smaller stadium, but would have had a lot more fun (my IV was very active, and great fun)

another thing there is a chanc eanother team de/pre moting into the same league, who could be better than you, so try and stay in III if i was you

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
In your case...I would probably stay. My first season was full of bots, and so was my second due to some bad luck. Thanks to that I managed to master the game, without those seasons I would have been nowhere.
However, no matter what the situation is, I cannot bring myself to demoting on purpose. It's like cheating in a test even though it's not an exam and you will study properly later. I can't do it.
Look at the bright side:
-Experience
-More tight games
-More enjoyment and thrill when you win
-Can gain more knowledge by seeing other teams and asking for advice
Stay, you will be happy you did.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Last season i got relegated, i didnt win one game in the season. It was my first season so i was just learning.

Moving down one league for a season, aswell as earlier on asking a active member called LovenLust to be my mentor for a season helped ALOT, he kept an eye on the team, my finances were close to me having to bow out, i was at one point -300,000, not easy to recover from, but with Lovenlust helping me, and me choosing wisely who i was playing and training on the two nets (all i could literally afford) i got automatically promoted and im looking forward to next season, but its gunna be tough, in all honesty, another season in the previous league would be great, but i cant so ill battle on.

Stay in your current league, get experience and then get promoted when you can. A full bot league is the most dull thing ever!!

sharmaz

Club Cricketer
Thanks for all the opinions...you have made me change my mind now :D
I will stay in my 3rd division league, but just have a look at my team
(Indian Elite) and look at the league i am in (III.9) and see if i have a chance on coming 4th or 3rd in it, because the top 3 teams are tough !!!
Thanks.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
If you think about it, you said that if you relegated then you would win lots and be promoted into an easier league. Actually you would be promoted into a league with a team who has very few points, which could have been caused by it being a league with ver very good teams. So really that idea is a bit of a lottery

Users who are viewing this thread