Girl gives birth at school

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
A 15-year-old girl gave birth at her Catholic school after arriving for lessons "in some distress".

She gave birth in a medical room before lessons began on Friday morning, a school spokesman said.

The unnamed Year 11 pupil, who is studying for her GCSEs at St Joseph's Catholic College in Bradford, West Yorkshire, went into labour at the start of the school day.

An ambulance was called but the girl had already given birth by the time it arrived.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1975416,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=11

LOL! Teenage pregnancy getting out of hand in England. At a Catholic school as well! Must have been an interesting experience, giving birth at school...

Sureshot

Executive member
On the Beeb site I read she wasn't even aware she was pregnant.

Don't worry about it being a catholic school Embi. 5 Hail Marys will sort it.....

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Bahh thats nothing, try getting him on the knuckles by a fast bowler on the field with loads of your mates watching. Not easy to not swear and curse i tell ya! Giving birth is like a walk in the park!

**Im ready for a torrent of abuse now**

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
how can you not know your pregnant !? surely she would notice gaining a ton of weight

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz, that's just idiotic to say that. I know you were mainly joking but child pregnancy is nothing to make fun of and I can assure you that child birth is more painful than a swollen knuckle. Now obviously I don't know what child brith feels like, but women describe it as being more painful than sticking and umbrella up their jacksies and opening it. I'd take a swollen knuckle any day.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Never heard this kind of story.

And read the last part of this article:

An Ofsted report carried out in November last year said: "Pupils enter the college with above-average levels of attainment and maintain these in national tests and examinations in Years 9 and 11 and in the sixth form.

"Pupils' personal development and well-being are strengths of the college. Pupils feel safe and are encouraged to lead healthy lifestyles."

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Matt, two of my mates have had babies, and were pregnant throughout our GCSE's, and from them telling me, giving birth hurts:) But i was having a friendly joke ;)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Leicetser Fox said:
how can you not know your pregnant !? surely she would notice gaining a ton of weight

It is possible to get pregnant with no visual signs, it sort of grows upwards instead of outwards and there is then no discernible bump.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
But there is the nausea and sickness, and the general heavy feeling, and then the kicking and contractions in the end...

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
But there is the nausea and sickness, and the general heavy feeling, and then the kicking and contractions in the end...

I'm sure if you don't think you're pregnant you can put things like the nausea and sickness down to just feeling ill that day. Obviously you'd notice the contractions at the end, but by then it would be a bit late to do anything about it wouldn't it :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread