Good Fields?

Ace Leggy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has any one made any custom fields that seem to do well, either by taking wickets or slowing the run rate?

I used to think making a tight circle was good for keeping down runs at the death when they needed say 2 off 6.. they just find the gaps easy as anything.

Don't try this when you're opening with a pace bowler. Decided to experiment when I had only made 100 odd. Hahaha, what a cracker! :D :D

Attachments

• opening field v aus.JPG
    opening field v aus.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 149
Hey ,
I've got an idea.Let us all upload our best field settings here( *.fld files that we save in the game) so that we all can judge their efficacy and improve our success percentage in the game in all situations.I will be posting mine soon.

I like the idea. I'll create one today to try and keep it tight in one dayers and we'll see how it goes.

Ok, here are my field settings.copy them in the icc2005/fields/fast or offspin or legspin or sla (any folder you wish to) and then in the game, the field settings appear in the same type of bowling in user defined criteria.A brief description of each field setting has been added in the zip file.

Attachments

• newzolt field placements.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 30
Do you think it is a good idea to change fields as it goes along or jsut stay on one field the entire time?

Chax said:
Do you think it is a good idea to change fields as it goes along or just stay on one field the entire time?
It all depends the level at which you want to play the game.If you want some realism in the match ,changing the field settings would be great according to the batsmen set, bowlers, batting strength, match situation but if you just want to rush through the game then you can keep the same setting for the match.Always try to bowl against the batsmen's strength and set fields accordingly.

azza does taht really work for keeping the runs down? because it looks like its easy to hit boundaries

jimbob said:
azza does taht really work for keeping the runs down? because it looks like its easy to hit boundaries
You can try my field placements.

lol i tried having my fielders full on close because the computer got me out for lik 120 in a county 4 day match like that but failed miserably

Users who are viewing this thread