Good (Ideas) of Cricket Games from Cricketgames.com

morgieb

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good (Ideas) of Cricket Games from Cricketgames.com:
A Perfect Cricket Game

There are many cricket games available but only some are up to (my) standards. For example lets take a look at Brian Lara Cricket'99. The game, excels in graphics, sound, atmosphere, etc. but the game play falls back as the game feels a lot easier to play after a couple of days or so of playing it. But when compared to Calypso Cricket'98, even though BLC is superior in the fields of graphics, sound and atmosphere the game play of Calypso Cricket is better and the game has high replay value. In fact it is a very easy game to learn but a challenge to master. So here are my suggestions that I think would make the perfect cricket game

Key Features:-

High replay value as in Calypso Cricket'98.
Good Sound which includes commentary too.
Updated teams with the latest stats as in ITC.
An in-built team editor.
Change of colour in the ground as the day progresses.
Ability to play both night matches as well as day matches.
Ability to play in both non graphics mode as well as graphics mode as in Anil Kumble's Go World Cup'99.
Better computer opponent A.I.
Classic Matches as in BLC.
Ability to play online.
And most important "No Cheats!" as it spoils the whole game's interface and makes the game very easy to play.

I feel that all this would make a perfect cricket game if not for you but for me surely.
What I think would make a great cricket game by Troy Vigors.

Well if the game?s producer would put squad updates on their website. This was suppose to happen with EA Cricket ?99 but it didn?t. This would be very popular to everyone and a big must. Editing kits would also be very good because a lot of people who have BLC/SWC would like to be able to make the kits for the world cup or better still how about this being updated on the producers site.

Also a built in editor so you can edit the players attributes and hair colour etc. Another thing that would be good is if we could have in the games editor a weight etc editor part, because not all cricketers are the same weight, height, same hair style etc. I for one know this being a tall guy I?m head and shoulders above all my cricket team and school friends.

Now down to game play etc:

A good cricket game should be realistic and hard but just the same not to hard. A good example of this is BLC/SWC, 1/105 in 6 overs I don?t think so. A good balance between realism and arcade style game play is what is needed. Also to be able to have lots of stats on your players or if you are playing a test series on every player that is playing.

In the game there should be Test matches, Friendlies, Test series, Seasons with the team, One Day series, World Cup and Classic Test and One Day matches. In the Seasons with the team option you should be able to play Tests and One Day matches from around 1992 to now(This would be very nice!!)

Also if we could play as or against one of the top county teams from, Australia, England, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. Also there should be a form ratting in the selection panel, so if a player is out of form you can rest him from the squad. There should also be a injuries to the players during a match and during training. A good example of this was when I was playing against the West Indies Ambrose went for over 100 runs in a short period and in real cricket he might be dropped or it could mean that his form is slumping, it would be good if the computer could read the conditions and then decide what squad to play using the conditions, form and current performances.

Better and more commentary is a must and everyone would like this in a game. Good commentators is also a must and some that should be in a game are(the ones that come to mind there might be more) Richie Benaud, John Agnew, Geoff Boycott, Mr Bogalay (excuse the spelling I heard him on 2bL radio in Australia once and he was great-He is Indian), Michael Holding, Tony Greg, etc.

They could have breaks with two or three commentators commentating at once. E.g. Benaud, Agnew and Holding commentating during The Morning session and after Lunch and Bogalay, Greg and Boycott commentating for the rest of the day and during the next day. This IS A MUST AND WOULD BE GREAT!!!.

Also some players wear hats in stead of helmets and when a drinks break happens we should see the cart come out. There also should be better animations but game play is also very important.

In the stats department you should just be able to look at a players highest score etc in a game. Also there should be run graphs, wagon wheels etc.

Well that?s all I can think of at the moment but I?m sure there is more.

Bye
"A truly marvellous cricket game" by Alex Kelsey.

Firstly, I always find it annoying (especially recently) when a new cricket game is about to come out and you are anxious and excited, because lets face it cricket games are a rarity, and its the same world cup 99, cricket 2000, all samey 50 over games you get bored with.

In a game you want plenty of options and a bit of lastability, I personally wouldn't mind shelling out ?50 for a game which'll last me 2 years and have regular updates. You want International cricket : test matches, series', seasons (with friendlies), careers, one-day, friendlies. You don't want any arcadey rubbish either, maybe adding a Hong Kong sixes comp or something similar would keep the arcadey minded happy, but NO RUINING THE TEST MATCHES! Also a season editor where you can make your own game arrangements , who you play,where when etc.

You also want domestic cricket maybe not from all the countries ,though it would be great to have that option,but maybe just from the main countries Australia, S Africa + England. Have the proper full season with all correct up to date teams and competitions, remember you want this part of the game to be as good as the international side.

You want realism : drinks breaks, rain interruption and I feel most importantly, which no games have picked up on, real time. I mean when an interruption happens it would be nice to have loads of commentary and general chat from the commentators, get them to have preset evaluations for certain scores. One thing which impressed me in BLC was the difference in crowds in certain countries, namely West Indies.

MORE COMMENTARY, MORE COMMENTATORS. Have different commentators in their respective countries.

Other extras

A built in Editor, with the option of changing heights, weights, skin colour, hair colour, hair type, equipment types( this would be hard getting the go ahead from the manufactures, but worth it.), 0/100 ratings for batting, bowling, fielding, precision, power, timing, tactics, speed, acceleration etc.
About 10 difficulty levels (will make it last!)
Team editor - What it says
Competition editor - What it says
An update EVERY YEAR

I don't care if it takes 3 years to make just make a promise it will have all these options and graphics 10 times better that Cricket 2000 and gameplay 10 times better that Brian Lara Cricket. ARE YOU LISTENING CODEMASTERS!

Users who are viewing this thread