Goodbye Zimbabwe?

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zimbabwe's going to collapse in 6 months approx. They already have the highest inflation in the world. We've already seen various effects - including Mugabe's policy to remove the land owned by white people - affecting modern cricket. White people haven't been allowed to join the Zimbabwean side because although racism is history in most of Africa, its still exists in Zimbabwe. Andy Flower and Henry Olonga sported arm-bands to protest it during World Cup 2003. They never played cricket after. All of this is in this article. Currently, Zimbabwe has the highest inflation in the world and is expected to collapse in 6 months according to the BBC.

ZIMBABWE CRISIS
Inflation: 3,714%
Unemployment: 80%
4m need food aid
Life expectancy: 37 (men), 34 (women)

A trivial question in comparison to the state of the country, but we've seen Zimbabwean cricket on the decline for a few years now. Could this be the end of it?

Last edited:
I think if Zimbabwe get kicked out of test cricket it will be good for their country and will send a message to their government on how the rest of the world feel about them

I agree, it is no better than South Africa's apartheid regime, and should not be supported as such. The ICC must take a stand against the country's rule and simply remove them indefinitely from international cricket. Nothing will happen in the country if they recieve the same benefits that they would if they had a fairer rule.

Well I see that the West Indies A team has refused to tour Zimbabwe (which is a good thing as ZC will struggle to label the move as racist). It remains to be seen whether the full team will travel this year - if they don't then it would have far reaching repercussions.

Who cares, they're rubbish anyway. Good riddance.

They should've been kicked out a while ago. I still don't like how South African cricket is run, it's racist tripe but I'm sure no one will bat two eyelids tbh.

Aye. Cricket inst political motivated enough sometimes, whereas in other instances it's too politics dominated.
It's not just the cricket, the entire country is being ruined by Mugabe and has been for sometime. I'd give the country 6 months - 2 years before either it just collapses completely or Mugabe dies.

I'd say it already has collapsed. The economy is deader than a dodo, not to mention the shocking behaviour of the government and army, etc. Life expectancy is lower than a Cricketers career too.

kick them out a put a more deserving side in.

Leave them where they until they tour England in a couple of years so Monty can that century...

Good to see the West Indies A side boycott the tour, now all we need to see is a continuation, and the ICC may even realise how bad the country is and finally banish them.

If anyone were to replace them it would be Kenya I assume, or even no one for the moment.

As I said before, nothing is happening there because no one important seems to care enough. We need bodies like the ICC to banish them, just as they did with South Africa during the Apartheid regime. If no one had done anything about that, it may still have been going.

Purely for cricket reasons they should be relegated, leaving the 9 top-tier teams. Their cricket is bad - on the decline - as opposed to the Bangladeshi's who seem to be slowly improving.

As for politics - everyone has a biased view, but I agree with the comment that Zimbabwe is similar to the old South Africa in many ways. IMO that is not a situation that should be encouraged.

I have no idea what the Americans are still doing in Iraq when this is happening in Zimbabwe - Saddam Hussein is dead now, Robert Mugabe is still alive.

There inflation rate is massive, usually inflation is good, but jesus, in Zimbabwe a can of coke would cost around £3,714

Users who are viewing this thread