Grahpics problem - new user

martynlcfc

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi there, decided to buy the game as I got the cricket 'bug' again this winter.

I've installed the game and also downloaded (although not yet installed) a fair few patches and mods.

Basically the problem i have is that in the nets or indeed on the field, strange flickering lines, usually in the colours of the fielding side) eminate from some players disturbing the screen. I have geforce 4 and easily a good enough system to run the game (including latest directx etc).

Does anyone have any potential solutions to this frustrating occurence, especially as i only got the game today.

Not a problem I've heard of. What is your system spec (other than the Geforec 4) and what settings are you running?

How much RAM d'you have?

And also,I hope ur gfx card ain't a GeForce MX 440,cuz that sucks big time :(

ya specially tell us what are your setting in cricket 2004 configuration as your system is good one accourding to u

settings

800/600 32bit
refresh rate - default
vid - yes
shadows - yes
force lod - no
texture - bilinear
pitch detail - off
gamma - 50%

System is AMD Athlon 2200XP
512MB RAM

I've notices the flickers tend to appear from the peak of helmets or from shoes, it is very strange. Also it does not occur whilst a bowler is selecting where to place the delivery, only it happens pre selection. It also isn't as bad when i use a far away camera.

And Gold, my card is a GeForce 4, Ti4200 if i remember correctly. It's not an mmx. I'm downloading Directx 9 now to see if it makes a difference.

A tip for the future, martynlcfc: Before buying a PC game, check your computer's system settings and write them down. Take that piece of paper with you when you buy a game. Look on the back of the box and look at the System Requirements and match them with your own. It'll save all the frustration when it doesn't work.

Anyway, I've no idea why this is happening to you because your system seems EASY to run this game.

I'm no technical expert. The best I've ever done was fix a TV LOL.

Just some friendly advice, don't take this to heart, mate. :drinks

Users who are viewing this thread