Graveney - Monty not a certainty

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a junk heap! Giles shouldn't be anywhere near England anymore; Monty is the best spinner in England, pure and simple.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
That's a load of crap! Monty has been doin extremely well. I think he is the spinner England are looking for. The King of Spain is not the King he used to be. Nevertheless, his batting and fielding is not that great.

FreddieFan

International Coach
I agree with Grav that Monty is not a certainty. At the moment, he is taking wickets and bowling well. He needs to keep that up to be sure of his place in the side.

I, personally, think Giles definately has a future in ODI cricket at least. His better batting and fielding, as well as the extra experience he has, means he would be my first choice spinner for the world cup. If Monty bowls well in the rest of the Pakistan series he deserves his place in the Test team for Australia.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Monty Panesar is turning into this summer's Andrew Flintoff. The Sun published an interview with him today, that went beyond his cricket. I've seen this happen to talented players before, and too much attention can break them. Let's hope this doesn't happen with Monty.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
It's just talk imo so spur Panesar on. He's got to show Graveney just how indispensible he is.

I really hope your right. It would be criminal to drop Monty for Giles.

Users who are viewing this thread