Review: Great Work! Promising! Revolutionary!

faizangmc

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Read all the threads and the posts, majority of them. Got my hands on CA. Bought a controller for the game.

By the experiences of others and my own, we need a lot of patience to bat properly (difficult game) I am assured that this game seems be to a revolution for cricket games, we fans were waiting for since long...

The idea of a controller based game, actually is the best decision I feel Ross and co. went for. The control scheme is simply awesome!

We had decent graphics in the past. But one thing that always lacked in cricket games, were the realism or more important the balance in gameplay.

Months before the launch of the game, I can very well say this game is going to be the FIFA of cricket world. Really looking forward to the release.

Thanks Ross for giving us a NEW HOPE!

Last edited:

ajamils

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Isn't this a little too premature? We've always had high hopes for every cricket game in the past but soon after the release day we saw tons of threads from people complaining about how disappointed they were with one thing or another.

Granted this cricket game "seems" to be the answer to our prayers but I'll hold off calling it "Fifa of cricket world" until I've put enough hours in the game myself. :)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps wait until you've played more than a very specific batting demo...

faizangmc

Club Captain
Bro, I know about the pre-release hype of all the cricket games only to be disappointed. But the difference between DBC and others is the control configuration. Anyone playing the CA will understand this. You must have noticed the difference. The games in the past had no issues with graphics or detailing. Only the control scheme was miserable. That ruined the gameplay. And looking at the efforts of Ross and others, their interaction with the users, and the passion I can see, all these seem to be very unique about the game. After creating a lot of mods/editors for different games, I can sense the difference between a passionate programmer and someone just into it for the business aspect. (I am very passionate about modding btw so I know the difference :P)

Again, its just my opinion. The FIFA thing may not happen soon, but I am confident my vision isnt wrong. ;) Some versions and this game reaches the predictions.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Perhaps wait until you've played more than a very specific batting demo...

snowy, this post can be your retort next someone calls you a fanboy :)

----------

Bro, I know about the pre-release hype of all the cricket games only to be disappointed. But the difference between DBC and others is the control configuration. Anyone playing the CA will understand this. You must have noticed the difference. The games in the past had no issues with graphics or detailing. Only the control scheme was miserable. That ruined the gameplay. And looking at the efforts of Ross and others, their interaction with the users, and the passion I can see, all these seem to be very unique about the game. After creating a lot of mods/editors for different games, I can sense the difference between a passionate programmer and a someone just into it for the business aspect. (I am very passionate about modding btw so I know the difference :P)

Again, its just my opinion. The FIFA thing may not happen soon, but I am confident my vision isnt wrong. ;) Some versions and this game reaches the predictions.

i think nobody (apart from a few keyboard fetishists) disagrees with you about the batting controls, but the nets are only batting. the bowling controls and importantly the AI will have to be of a similar standard before we put out the bunting. fully agree it's very promising though

faizangmc

Club Captain
hmm... You have a good point about the AI coding... IT MUST BE A MATCH for the user.

ajamils

Club Cricketer
I agree that controls can make or break a game but with that said great controls mean absolutely nothing if the game play sucks. Sure, you can control the batsmen but what if the bowler AI keeps throwing no balls or the fielders don't catch or field? No the flip side, you may have the best bowling controls but AI have absolutely no clue how to play a shot and keep getting bowled? What if there are game breaking bugs??

Fifa games are a benchmark that every sports game should try to following but as much as I would love to see that happen with cricket games, I think we are at least a few generations behind from that happening.

faizangmc

Club Captain
I would say some years but defiantly not generations ;) Please I don't want to die before playing a perfectly balanced cricket video game ;) lawl

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I agree that controls can make or break a game but with that said great controls mean absolutely nothing if the game play sucks. Sure, you can control the batsmen but what if the bowler AI keeps throwing no balls or the fielders don't catch or field? No the flip side, you may have the best bowling controls but AI have absolutely no clue how to play a shot and keep getting bowled? What if there are game breaking bugs??

Fifa games are a benchmark that every sports game should try to following but as much as I would love to see that happen with cricket games, I think we are at least a few generations behind from that happening.

That's a very negative view. I'm prepared to be a little more optimistic about the full game.

faizangmc

Club Captain
That's a very negative view. I'm prepared to be a little more optimistic about the full game.

This guy gets it!

Exactly my point. If you compare the passion these guys are showing up, I feel a lot more assured and optimistic about this game. I followed up Cricket 07, Ashes cricket (not the recent one ofcourse :P) but I was not assured to the extent that I would call them to be "Fifa of cricket world"

Again, its gonna require some years before we get there. Maybe I should add the word "future" before FIFA ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Going by the batting, it looks great but great batting does not a great cricket game make. The bowling and fielding need to stand up to it as well, and any 'exploits' need to be caught and destroyed - what I call 'death balls' - that is a ball that will take a wicket every time if bowled in an exact place or manner.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this might just be my new thing rather than italicizing words...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I certainly don't get the comparison to FIFA.

I like FIFA 14 - it's well polished and the best of the football games right now, but it certainly isn't innovative, much less revolutionary. It's years of minor and incremental improvements to a set formula.

The only thing you can say that would be a valid comparison is that it will be the most popular video game about the sport - which DBC14 is by default considering the lack of competition.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Best thing I can say about the nets as I have not played the full game yet is it feel like cricket, in the past they looked like cricket but as Ross has said many times they were just mini games. The bowling/fielding and AI I can't wait to try next month.

PS As Zombie said I feel good about this game from what I have played and seen plus Ross/Bigant will try to fix what needs fixing. Bigant listen to there fans as simple as that.:thumbs

faizangmc

Club Captain
Best thing I can say about the nets as I have not played the full game yet is it feel like cricket, in the past they looked like cricket but as Ross has said many times they were just mini games. The bowling/fielding and AI I can't wait to try next month.

PS As Zombie said I feel good about this game from what I have played and seen plus Ross/Bigant will try to fix what needs fixing. Bigant listen to there fans as simple as that.:thumbs

Yup, they interact quite a lot. Unlike other games.

I think this might just be my new thing rather than italicizing words...
Lol, biggs, glad u liked the style :P
It looks much better than the italics :P

Users who are viewing this thread