Hampshire...In trouble

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is wrong with Hampshire batsmen? NOT ONE OF MY BATSMEN HAS SCORED A HUNDRED FOR MONTHS! No joke, not one hundred or good partnership from my batsmen. I have tried just about everyone, even people who have been playing in the 2nd team well come in and struggle. At the beginning Crawley scored a double hundred but since then he has been useless, Carberry has also scored a double but has done nothing since, and that was in like March or something.
Does anyone else play as Hampshire? Or could someone please have a look and see who is actually able to hold a damn cricket bat?

Man, I'm getting frustrated. Im playing as Hampshire, and I am going terrible. Going to be relegated to second division in Couny Championship, mid-table in the Challenge Trophy, didn't qualify for the 20/20 cup and that England job looks a long way away lol. What should I do? It's only my first "Full game" season and it is so far going along pretty badly. Should I resign, and start a new season with a new club? Or should I look at this as a challenge and try and bring Hampshire from the botton and play youth players for the rest of the season and look to buy big in the off-season?

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
youths is where you get good in this game, no existing player is better than all the re gens you can find some average in the 100's

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Serious? Well thats good. I have a youth player, Mathew Pollard, whos averaging about 40 at the moment.

But you know them Youth Players you get at the start of the first season, are they anygood? And after my first season, can I sign players from other Counties?

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
But you know them Youth Players you get at the start of the first season, are they anygood? And after my first season, can I sign players from other Counties?

stick to the spinners with under 25 averages and batsmen with averages over 60 and yes depending on whether they release them or not

kookaburra69

International Coach
Use Michael Brown as an opening batsmen,he was great on my games scoring loads of runs.

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
I've played with few county teams for a while, and I never really bothered about youth players. The only way to get good youth players is if you do ctrl-alt-del, other than that you will very rarely find good players very early on in the game(so for batsmen ave 60-65+, bowlers ave maybe 15-18 in 2nd team).

If you don't play online, then you can easily beat other teams by signing existing players from other counties and the ones you already have. Basically don't spend any money on youth players, and physios, so just 10,000, and maybe 20,000 for coaching. And don't worry about signing too many players, so just get rid of all the average players ( batsmen ave around 30-35 FC, bowlers ave 30+ FC) so you have more money, and since you're required to have only 18, just make sure they're good players, so sign two overseas players, and make sure other 12-14 county players are also very good( just spend all the money you have signing around 15-16 players, and the game usually just lets you sign few youth players for free at the end I think to make up 18 players). Once you get good players this way( may take 1-2 seasons), you will usually win every competition so you will get money from that so that won't be a problem at all ever.

For overseas players, if you're batting is really weak but bowling is good, then just sign two batsmen. But if you can't bowl sides out twice consistently then you should just sign both bowlers( best if they're spinners) and then even if your batting isn't all that good, you will at least be able to bowl sides out cheaply so you'll usually win.

It also depends on your tactics, so like what aggression you bat on, whether you change the field, change bowling line and length etc( for fielding and bowling it's best if you leave it on default).

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I've played with few county teams for a while, and I never really bothered about youth players. The only way to get good youth players is if you do ctrl-alt-del, other than that you will very rarely find good players very early on in the game(so for batsmen ave 60-65+, bowlers ave maybe 15-18 in 2nd team).

If you don't play online, then you can easily beat other teams by signing existing players from other counties and the ones you already have. Basically don't spend any money on youth players, and physios, so just 10,000, and maybe 20,000 for coaching. And don't worry about signing too many players, so just get rid of all the average players ( batsmen ave around 30-35 FC, bowlers ave 30+ FC) so you have more money, and since you're required to have only 18, just make sure they're good players, so sign two overseas players, and make sure other 12-14 county players are also very good( just spend all the money you have signing around 15-16 players, and the game usually just lets you sign few youth players for free at the end I think to make up 18 players). Once you get good players this way( may take 1-2 seasons), you will usually win every competition so you will get money from that so that won't be a problem at all ever.

For overseas players, if you're batting is really weak but bowling is good, then just sign two batsmen. But if you can't bowl sides out twice consistently then you should just sign both bowlers( best if they're spinners) and then even if your batting isn't all that good, you will at least be able to bowl sides out cheaply so you'll usually win.

It also depends on your tactics, so like what aggression you bat on, whether you change the field, change bowling line and length etc( for fielding and bowling it's best if you leave it on default).

You might have more luck if you start off with a team like Sussex or Lancashire.

if your playing ICC for the first time and its the 06 version then i agree with iloveireland, sussex and lancashire are the best teams by a long way!

Thanks for the help guys. Especially ICC2006.

I have signed good overseas players like Ponting and Michael Clarke?!

lancashire666

International Coach
ponting is fantastic in icc o6 ashes, give Afridi a blast hooper! seriously, hes probable the best overseas player ive ever had! takes bukets of wickets and hits it to the rope all the time!!!!!!!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Dheeraj Jadhav and Mohammed Asif are my overseas players on ICC 06 as lancashire, amazing players. Clarke is pretty awesome though.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hooper this is my first year in Hampshire and Cambery and Crawley are good for me. I have Crawley and Brown opening, then benning first drop, then thornley, cranberry. Thats my batting and im regularly getting 400+
Brown has 2 consecutive hundreds in the county and thornley got a hundred in the county then 144 NO next game in the challenge trohpey. (I usually have Piertserson at 4 but hes injured)

Maybe try and stay Loyal. Whats your line-up? Whos your regulars?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Sign Cam White and AB De Villiers. White will either get you a 100 or 5 wickets per game guaranteed. He's once scored a 100 for me along with 10 wickets. Open the batting with De Villiers and watch the runs flow.

Users who are viewing this thread