Your Cricket Hardest bowl to play

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the hardest ball to bat when you are new or set. The ball you struggle with most.

The hardest for me is the slow bouncer.

Any ball spinning into my pads. Just can't play offspin at the moment, I got out for a duck today against an offspinner, I'm very lbw prone to offspinners at the moment, but there aren't any offspinners in my team so I don't get much practice against offspinners.

I don't play short balls well early in my innings. I tend to press on the front foot when batting.

And swing, although I cope with inswing better than out.

Definitely the quick short ball aimed at my ribs early on in the innings.

Just a small suggestion if you struggle with short ball early, always be on the backfoot at the start of the innings helps to build courage and makes you feel more stable and start to build, unless you can predict the bowl

Ball pitching outside the leg stump and then spinning towards off is the toughest for me. If it pitches in line of the stumps, then I find it easy to make room and cut it behind point.

Bouncers are pretty simple imo. I personally find it pretty easy to pull or hook the short deliveries.

----------

And the off spinners are the easiest. Slog sweep FTW!

At the start of my innings, it's probably the ball which is pitched on the top of off, or just a shade outside off. I tend to have trouble picking which balls to play at and which to not. I take guard on middle and off to try to counter-act this but it doesn't really work :(

As for spinners, I'd say leg-breaks which turn from outside leg. I find them quite hard to play if they are too short to sweep because I have a tendency to flick my bat up when I play on the leg-side..

I don't have a problem with the short ball early on tbh, I had one earlier today going down the legside but I reckon if it was a foot closer to me it could have easily gone for six.

Just a small suggestion if you struggle with short ball early, always be on the backfoot at the start of the innings helps to build courage and makes you feel more stable and start to build, unless you can predict the bowl
Not a good idea, if they pitch it up, you're screwed.

Safer to be on the front foot IMO. You can always duck a short one or take a blow, but if you miss a full one you're probably on your way out.

An in swinging quick yorker really tease me up.I still remember once a bowler hit me thrice in a match on my toe and it was really painful

I'd definitely say an inswinging yorker aimed right at the foot with a lot of speed and in such a line that if you go to save your toes your bowled and if it strikes you your out lbw. That would be the dream of any fast bowler.EXCLUDING Malinga.:lol

Not a good idea, if they pitch it up, you're screwed.

Safer to be on the front foot IMO. You can always duck a short one or take a blow, but if you miss a full one you're probably on your way out.

Pffft i play a predominately back foot game, my first move every delivery is onto my back foot and i have no trouble playing fuller deliveries in fact i like them, easy to hit along the ground for 4.

Hardest delivery? A really quick 140km+ yorker that starts outside leg stump but ends up hitting the base of middle and off.

In terms of trigger movements, what's written in textbooks now as a forward press has its origins in how the subcontinental masters look to play spin. It can be very effective for that, but if applied recklessly, you will play around your front pad probably more than is wise. Many great batsmen and batting experts advocate the back-and-across movement because it brings the body into readiness for playing straight, whether back or forward and can be helpful against sharp pace bowling.

It's also interesting to look at players with really unorthodox stances like Chanderpaul and Katich in this regard. While both his feet take a complete step across his stumps, Katich opens his stance just a little to play the ball. Chanderpaul on the other hand takes a very small step with his back foot and usually a bigger one with the front, closing into a more orthodox position from an obviously quite open stance.

Fast, short at the ribs and shoulders. Can block out yorkers all day long and smack short outside off for four regardless of pace, but short bodyline is the hardest for me

Users who are viewing this thread