Have to say....

Davew78

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have bought EA since way back.. 96 I think?
Even bought Cricket World Cup 99. Remeber that one? They 'forgot' to put left hand batsmen in the game.. not mentioning all the ball physics problems.

That said, I still bought C2k5 (dont learn from my mistakes apparently :) )and its not bad. But it suffers for the problem of all EA's sports games, after playing it for a little while its just too easy. Patches make the game different, but it still gets too monotonous after a while. I had one batsman reach 600 and regularly have partnerships of 400-600.... Granted I dont bowl much, I find that that gets far too boring.

BLIC/RPIC on the whole seems to be the better game. With the challenges and the career player feature it give you a reason to play the game, to get your batsman better, and to get unlocks etc. More interesting. There also seems to be much more emphasis on timing than C2k5, I find batting harder in RPIC, and bowling more enjoyable as well.
Dont like the batsman control system as much, would prefer being able to select back or front foot shots, but you generally get used to that.

So in short try both games, both have their merits, but on the whole, I would say choose BLIC/RPIC. It will keep you playing longer. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread