Help Batting!

Goody1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I just bought cricket 2005 for the PC and i just cant bat for nothing ive read the manual but i just cant bat can anyone just give me a quick guide to bat and what buttons to use when doing it!

Well so far the onyl thing i can hit the ball with is my body so my batsman are in for a ruff time, its a shame because it seems such a promsiing game

I had the same problem...try doing a quick play..be aussies against usa..unlimitied overs 5 day...conditions normal and sunny...then just play slowly and be patient and you will build up your score

ITs not that i cant score well it is but ive been trying for ages i just cant hit the frigging ball lol

advance shot is a gud trick i think.just before the bowler releases press the advance buton. also use a leg stump guard.final thing is the sweep shot is easy to play and a gud run scorer.hope that helps

Cheers ill try but i jsut cant time it right and my shtos always up forward defensive shops :( not the best for scoring runs

its less to do with timing on the advance shots, u do get mroe time so they r easier. once u get the hang of this game its easy tho i always thought it woz, not to sure how u can struggle to be honest.

Play every shot a tad later than you normally would. It works.

this is what i do

1) hold arrow keys in the direction i want to hit the ball.
2)press either 's' (frontfoot) or 'w' (backfoot) just before the ball hits the pitching marker.

has your batsmen even hit the ball?

Well i managed to hit 20 in one over (6,6,4,4,miss,miss) then the next over when they bowled at my stumps i got 4 out ina row lol.

It just seems to six hit every time.

When batting i use the direction of the shot with eiterh s or d and the shift button am i doing this right?

no, if you hold down shift it goes for the 6-hit shot!!!!!!!!! Also the controls are

S=Front foot shot
W=Back foot shot
Shift= Power boost shots(go for 6)

DONT HOLD DOWN SHIFT UNLESS YOUWANT TO SLOG!

D=Run
A= Cancel Run
W=Dive for crease

how to hit 6

how would i hit Power boost shots to get 6 runs with joypad

Got another question for ya peeps, my joypad is a Saitek p880 ...it works fine with all the corresponding buttons as such, i.e 2 is front foot , 4 is back... but for some reason button 3 hits the ball to but in slightly different ways, cant work out wtf it is seeing as holding button five is for a six hitter, cant notice anything in my manual here although half the pages are missing because im bloody misses spilt cola on the booklet and waiting for it to dry lol

Somerset_Rule said:
1) hold arrow keys in the direction i want to hit the ball.
2)press either 's' (frontfoot) or 'w' (backfoot) just before the ball hits the pitching marker.

has your batsmen even hit the ball?

EXACT same explanation i give everyone i teach how to play.

A lil trick to try against spinners, when it is shortish and in a line near middle-leg stump, play a back foot leg glance, you can get runs that way, it runs down the ground fine.

Users who are viewing this thread