Help! Batting.

Tacrolimus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm having real problems with unresponsive batting - my key presses seem to do very little and it is hit or miss in the practice nets - and leave the the batsman either doing very little or playing the occasional late cut or whatever.

In particular my pressing the Alt Ctrl or Shift buttons seems to do nothing. I've tried using the modifier tool with a little success but not much.

Is it me being too slow with the presses, my timing against the bowler, my keyboard or am I just rubbish so far?

How do you carry out the shots?

It seems great game but I'm not having much fun so far unfortunately

Thanks.

P.S. If someone is doing a 360 gamepad patch that would be great.

It is not going to be easy at first for a console player to master this game . It requires some practice with they keys. Since I have played most cricket games on pc , it was a blast for me straight away . Most run scoring shots are played by double tapping the particular direction key . Defensive and late cuts can be placed by just single push of direction key . lofted/slog shots require very precise timing . Try them at later stage when u r connecting with ball regularly .

Try playing net sessions. Your timing needs working.

It is all down to timing indeed, which is good because that is what cricket is supposed to be about! Online the timing becomes massively crucial especially if there is lag. You have to play the shot very, very early! (Bit unrealistic really but ah well!)

Foot position of the batsman is as important as the timing. Slog shots will never come off without precise foot position and other shots will have higher success rates as well. It is also important although somewhat less so to have the ball be the proper length for the shot you are trying to play although you can definitely slog "on the up" if you time it right.

If the ball makes the "good shot" sound but it goes low or is otherwise odd, your feet were in the wrong spot.

I appreciate the advice guys - it is slow but I'm seeing more success in shots being played in the nets as a result - and it is much more realistic, fun and challenging because of the work involved.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread