Help: How to delets deleted account's protected file in xp

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I just deleted an account and had made a protected file in it and forgot to delete it, and now I can't delete it :(. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Well, I just deleted an account and had made a protected file in it and forgot to delete it, and now I can't delete it :(. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
What do u mean by can't delete ? post a screen buddy

Did you use any software to protect the file? I had once protected a folder with Magic Folders but when I formatted my main drive the protected folder was back forthe view of everyone.

If you mean by files in "my documents/desktop" then it should be in x:\Documents and Settings\username\

No, that folder was made private with the previous user account. Then I deleted the account. So the folder is still private and I can't access it.

I had this problem once, I had to manually reassign permissions for the account's files to my own account, which I think involved the command line. There is a knowledge base article about the issue on the Microsoft website, I've long since lost the link to it, but I'm sure a search on their site will bring it up.

Users who are viewing this thread