help wanted - changeing team names

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
[color=#000000:post_uid9]hi guys
just wanted to know how do you chane the name of a team?
Say I want to change Scotland to Canada. I can change all the players names, kits, commentary ect. but I can change the name. When I start a match it still puts up Scotland (i can change the commentary) but not the name. bet it readly easy just i haven't working it out yet.
can anyone help?
:)
thanks[/color]

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Worked it out at last. Pretty easy where you know how, just get yourself a hex editer(i used hex workshop 3.1, i'll just downing the version 4 to see if it works)
Frist things first BACKUP your file BEFORE editer it
open up the cricket2002.exe file in your cricket2002 folder(it can't be the ea one) i have done it with the ea patched file and a no-cd file.
anyway oped it up in hex workshop and do a search for the team name you want to change, say Scotland it should find it.
Now change it to the name of your new Team DON'T DELETE OR INSERT ANY DATA JUST WRITE OVER IT if you delete and data or insert it the file will not work. I changed Scotland to Canada but i didn't delere the last too letter i just put a black space there so the name readed without the quotes "Canada ".

almost done, now do a search for the scorecard name eg SCO short for Scotland there will be a few of them change them to the new name CAN.
Now your done.
Just remember to backup cricket2002.exe BEFORE editing it as it is easy to make a mistake and f$%# the file right up.
have fun
aussie</span>

tutsipoppy

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid7'>hi...aussieboy22

i tried your method of changing the team names.....it worked 50% for me.........i replaced kenya with holland....so i found and changed every "kenya" with "holld"..........and "KEN" with "HOL"...........so when i played the game...it show holld in place of kenya..........but when i started the game it showed the team name as holldn"HOL"......but the players and commentry was of kenya only.......and also the uniform was all grey and the crowd was also grey.

****I HAD A FOLDER NAMED "HOLLD" IN THE UNIFORM DIRECTORY WHICH CONTAINED AND KITS OF HOLLAND.

please help me as it would allow me to change other teams also..............

thank u very much.</span>

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid14]hay mate,
i think i can help you here.
the way I changed the team kit and numbers was to overwrite the the team i was replaceing. You want to change Kenya to Holland so copy all the Holland numbers and kits into the Kenya folder (backup them up first so you can go back if you want to) don't change the the to HOLLD just leave it as Kenya. You could change the folder name but you would have to change a lot of other things too (and i don't know all of them) so just overwrite to team your replaceing is best.
I

forget to say before where you edit cricket2002.exe you should only change one team name eg there should only be one KENYA (IN CAPS) to change but there will be a few shorted name to change i thing about 3. eg ken to hol

there will be a few name (kenya) in normal type not caps leave then the same as they tell cricket where to look for things.
how this help mate and happy editing.
aussie[/color]

tutsipoppy

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid7'>hi mate..........

just help me a bit more...............

i was succesfull in.................

1. changing names in selecting team.
2. changing names in short form.
3. changing logo of the team.
4. changing name audio file of team.

there were problems and help needed :

1. i changed the name from "kenya" to "holnd"........there is kenya in 3 forms in the cricket2002.exe.............1. in capitals,KENYA.............2. Title case,Kenya...........and short form,kenya.................please tell me which one to change.............coz editing the wrong one is, i think, creating the problem in which the holland players are all grey.

2. how do i cange team players from to holland.

please help me

thank you.</span>

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>Sorry mate,
make mistake in my last post there is only one shorted name for each team, there are 6 full name you have to change, 5 in caps and one in normal type. Open cricket2002.exe in hexwork shop and go edit find, type is "text string" and type in Kenya for the value hit OK it will goto the frist Kenya in mine it is "Kenya" change it to "Holnd" and hit "F3" it will goto the next "Kenya" in mine it is "KENYA"
change it to "HOLND" do the same till you get to a line that says something like "whitekenyabowler.tex" don't change any line like this.
Now it time to change the shorted name
go back to find screen (ctrl F) and change the search value to KEN (to make things easy tick match case too) hit ok you might have to hit "F3" a few time to find KEN where you do change it to HOL.
that should help you with your first problem mate.
I don't quite follow you 2nd problem? if you want to change player name audio you will need "Player Editor v2.00 by Tom Hicks"

any problem post me back, if you can't get the cricket2002.exe editing to work give me your email and i send you a edited one.

hope this helps mate
aussie
:)</span>

tutsipoppy

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid7]thanks mate..... :D

i'm really glad with all your help........

but.....one more thing...i wanna chane the whole line-up of my new holland team. change the players names(not audio file) of kenya players to holland players............which files do i need to re-name or replace.........this is the last thing i wanna know.............i'm really glad with all the help u have given me.

thank you :h:[/color]

aussieboy22

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>Glad that helped mate,
as for changeing the players name you will need a player editer, I used "Player Statistics Editor v1.1 by Rippon" to change my team (it edits the .ctm files in x:program filesea sportscricket 2002datedb) it this will let you change the caption and star players too. One bug is if you edit team that alreadly has more that two star players (like a updated australia team) you can't save any changes. You should be right editing Kenya, (i think it will still say Kenya in the menu, that okay as cricket 2002 still thinks it's Kenya)
If this don't work try useing "Player Editor v2.00 by Tom Hicks"
to edit your team file in "my documetsea sportscricket 2002userteam.tem if you use this editer you will have to go into cricket 2002 and click "restore teams"

hopefuly this help.
best for luck mate and let me know how you get on.
aussie :)</span>

Users who are viewing this thread