Help with batting.

M

Mechavillian

If you watch the AI play a game, they are able to hit the ball for huge sixes with straight bat shots from full-pitched deliveries straight away. If I try to do the same shot, I either hit the ball straight in the air, or miss the ball completely.

I've practiced in the nets for hours, and I still can't get it right.

Some have said to get your confidence up, but you only get confidence by hitting boundaries, yet you need confidence to hit boundaries in the first place.

So basically, when I'm facing a pace or a spin bowler, when should I got for the slog over the bowlers head shot?

A

aldersley03

if ur playing on hard its just like u said. but on medium its easy. just dont slog straight away unless its a 10 over match. the best slog shots with power button are leg glance, cover drive and square drive. play on meduim until u get better then play on hard. i still find hard reely hard. i usually play on medium 4 10 or 20 over matches cos on hard u cant score any runs. if u play tests on hard just block and run a few and hit the loose ball which there arent many of.

S

squiz

for test i find a really effective shot is the leg glance, and the power on drive (at the start of the innings). This is for HARD

Users who are viewing this thread