Story Hollands World Cup Campaign (BLIC 2005)

anu15

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The dutch cricket team has been through a tough time in the past 4 years but there performance in the ICC world cricket league was very promsing and showed the world that there a much better ODI unit.

The dutch cricket board KNCB has named the 15 man squad to depart to the carrabian:

Holland:

Luuk van Troost(C)

Adeel Raja

Peter Borren

Tim de Leede

Mark Jonkman

Alexei Kervezee

Mohammad Kashif

Darron Reekers

Edgar Schiferli (Out)(Injury)

Jeroen Smits (wk)

Artse Buurman (Wk)

Peter Selaar

Ryan ten Doeschate

Daan van Bunge

Bas Zuiderent

Graham Davey(In) Replacement

This team had many changes to the team which took part in the world cup 4 years ago. The team boasted alot of young promsing players such as 17 year old Alexi Kervezee and 20 year old Mark Jonkman. The holland national Tv Nederland 1 caught up with the KNCB board of dricector Maarten Westermann. The reporter asked him his views on the teams chances.

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
A huge task on your hands mate, hope you can do something for the Dutch, good luck with the story :clap

anu15

School Cricketer
Interview With Director,Star Performer and the New Kid in the Block

Reporter: MF. Jenkins caught up with the KNCB Director and asked him some questions.

MFJ: Dutch cricket has improved over the years and the country seems to be fairing better at the top level how would you rate the Netherlands chances in this world cup?

Maarten Westermann: Well your right in saying Dutch Cricket has improved alot and we are now starting to fair much better against the tope teams. As for are world cup campaign we got two warm up matches and if we fair well in those i recken we have a good chance in causing and upset in the group stages.

MFJ: Yes your first game is against India how important is it for the players to adapt to condtions and put on a good show to the rest of the world?

Maarten Westermann: I believe its hugely important for us to get used to conditions and to put on a good show against India, I mean lets not foget that we bowled India out for 207 last world cup although are batting gave away this time around we have a much stronger attack in both departments and theres no reason why we cant cause an upset. And if we do it will really show the rest of the world how popular this game really is in Holland.

MFJ: do you think that you will progress to next round with both Australia and South Africa in the group? and whats your thoughts one the squad you selected? are they the best in holland?

Maarten Westermann: Yh well when you send a team out to the world cup you send them in the hope of bringing back the trophy and thats exactly what we have done picked are best side at present. I hope the guys could cause upset and go to the next round even with the top 2 sides in world cricket. but we will have to waite and see.

MFJ: Thank you very much Maarten

Maarten Westermann: cheers Mate

Our reporter also went hunting for two of Hollands star players and he caught up with Ryan TenDoescate and Alexei Kervezee. He possed these questions to them

MFJ: Well Ryan your the star player in this team with some great knocks for Holland what do you think about your teams chances?

RT: Well, tell you the truth we are a semi profesional unit and i have been lucky to play county cricket which has really helped me with holland but i recken we have chance to cause a few upsets, and you know got to believe that going into the world cup.

MFJ: And what about you alexei made your debut for holland when you were 16. What have you learned?

AK: I ve learned alot these past few months my debut was a nervous moment i scored a forty in that match yh and just let things take over from there.

MFJ: Did you think you would be playing in the world cup?

AK: No, No its just been a dream as a kid i dreamt about and to finnaly get here its just been unbelievable.

MFJ: Ryan your undoubtfully the best player in the dutch team do they look for you to provide that piece of magic in the pitch to turn a result your way?

RT: I dont think i am the best player in these side i recken every one contributes just as much as me but obviously me playing county cricket alloves me to help alot but i wouldnt say i am the magic man in the team but i certainly contribute to that magic just as much as the rest.

MFJ: Well thank you both of you have a very good world cup.

Last edited:

anu15

School Cricketer
Game 1 Netherlands vs South Africa

Charles Colville: Wellcome. the sun is shining and today are live coverage on skysports comes from the beautiful island of St Kitts between Holland and South Africa. Bob Willis and Paul Allot are with me we get there vievs during the break and after the game

Now

Before further a dew lets go to the toss Michael Holding is with the two captains.

MH: Well come every body i have here the two captains Luuk van Troost and Grham Smith. Its Graham to call.

GS: Heads

Mh: Its a tails. Luuk you won the toss. What you going to do?

L v T: Wel have a bat.

Mh: Whys that?

L v T:It really looks a good wicket. A hard pitch which will have some carry but it should have even bounce and hopefully are batsman can capatalize.

MH: what about your team then ? I see you gone with four seamers and 1 spiner?

L v t: Yh like i said this pitch will offer some good bounce and i think are seamers will be best suited to do this.

MH: Thank you Luuk. And good luck

LvT: Cheers

MH: Well Graham you will be bowling first what would you have done if you had the choice?

GS: Probably would have had a bat its a good chance for our bowlers though to get used to conditions which is vital for later on in the tour.

MH: Well thank you graham and good luck for the game. And that is from the toss back to you in the studio.

Charles Colville: Well will take a quick break and when we are back its the Netherlands to bat..

anu15

School Cricketer
1st Inings Holland vs South Africa

Charles Colville: Well come back! Today we are in the beautiful island of ST Kitts for Holland vs South Africa. Without further time taken out straight to the game.

here comes the two dutch openers. Bas Zuiderent and Darren Reekers. For South africa the new ball is going to be taken by Shaun Pollock.

The dutch openers started very cautiously with Bas Zuiderent blocking all six ball of the first over from Pollock. But the second over was when the game really began. Ntini was on the spot with his first ball but it was a losner and the hard hitting Darren Reekers smashed it for a huge six over long on. Ntini changed his length imediately with a short ball which was smashed by Reekers. The first five overs were for South Africa was total nightmare. Darren Rekkers was blodgering the bowling atack all over the park to get holland 56/0 none after 5. Graham smith made no changes and decided to continue with Ntini and this turned out to be a great decision. first ball Bas Zuiderent forward defence misses it completly and his middle stump goes cartwilling back. BZ score: 9. In came 17 year old Alexei Kervezee and young talented player. He got of them mark very quickly and Darren Rekkers continued with his assault. He reached his 50 in just 21 balls. Holland 78/1 of 8. It wasnt long untill Kervezee got in the act with a beautiful drive trhough the covers. But Darren Reekers continued and tucked into Pollock like he was nothing with hitting Pollock for 3 sixes in an over. Holland 101/1 of 10. Makaya Ntini beat the bat of kervezee two times but the youngsters amasing pulls got him to 18 of just 21 delivaries. However it was Ntinis fifth ball which took out the big fish Reekers looking to hit down groung miscues it straight back to the bowler. But a brilliant 82 from just 34 to balls. Holland 110/2 after 13 overs. In came Ryan tenDoeschate the dutchs best batsman and this was clearly evident with beautifully timed shot for 4 of his first ball to get of the mark. It wasnt long before the south african bowlers came back to the game with Andre Nell bowling Alexei Kervezee for 21. Holland 132/3 of 17 overs. In came Artse Buurman the dutch wicket keper batsman. He didnt last long falling for run out brilliantly by Ab de villiers. Holland 138/4 of 18 overs. Peter borren was promoted in the order and this seemed a good move as he smashed pollock for 2 fours. Ryan Ten Doeschate getting mose of the strike was in good form as he got to 30 of 28 deliveries. But a surprise move by South Africa to bring on herschelle Gibbs payed of as he got Borren caught in the deep for 8. 5/ 166. Tim De Leede struglled with the pace of Nel and as he tried to get of the mark was run out again by de Villiers. 166/6 27 overs. And a brilliant start from the dutch was going all hay wire. Van Troost the captain, But the big blow came when ryan ten doeschate was lbw Nel for 44. Holland 168/7 of 30 overs. Graham Davey another youngster in the dutch squad came in and smashed a massive six and sweap for 4 against Robin Peterson. But the spiner had the last laugh with picking up the last three batsman of dutch team leaving van troost not out 2 and holland all out for 194 32 overs. The high light of the inings was Darren reekers 82 but the dutch have a real task when the come out to bowl.

Batting Card
Runs Balls How Out
Darren Reekers 82 32 C and B Ntini
Bas Zuiderent 9 10 C Gibbs B Ntini
Alexei Kervezee 21 27 C Robin Peterson B Ntini
Ryan Ten doeschate 44 32 LBW Nel
Artse Burrman 4 5 Runout
P Borren 8 10 C Polloack B Gibbs
Tim de Leede 0 6 Run Out
L v troost 2 5 not out
G Davey 10 6 c Kallis B R Peterson
M Jonkman 0 2 C Prins B R Peterson
Mohmad Kashif 4 2 C and Bowled R Peterson

Bowling Card: O M R W

Shaun Pollock 7 0 86 0
M Ntini 8 0 49 3
A Nel 6 0 32 1
H Gibbs 3 0 11 1
R Peterson 1 0 5 3

Charles Collville :After the brake the lets see how South Africa batted.

Users who are viewing this thread