How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

The 4th innings scores you can get in this game are ridiculous. Here's proof:

West Indies set us 417 to win in the 4th innings, the pitch state was Sharp Turn with Uneven Bounce and West Indies have two of the best spin bowlers in the world (in ICC 2010) Imran Khan and Nikita Miller, as well as Darren Sammy and Jerome Taylor.

We find ourselves at 227/6 with only Mike Hussey really putting up much resistance (fairly realistic so far) before Nathan Hauritz and Hussey have a partnership of 104 (Hauritz scoring 57) and Johnson and Hussey put on 85* to get us to 417 with 3 wickets spare.

Our last 188 runs came for the loss of 1 wicket on a day 5 pitch with our lower order in. Really unrealistic, though I shouldn't be complaining.

Attachments

• Doc2.docx
    656.6 KB · Views: 7
After 2 weeks of rest :p Started off my 2049 season in ICC2006 as Surrey on a mixed note. Won both the CC games but lost both the CT games which is hard to digest for me being the Challenge Trophy champ for 6 consecutive seasons. Somewhat my players are batting like old ladies :D This is helping in the 4 dayers but not the OD's...

Im into 2013 on my Worcestershire save after being on holiday allowed me to roll through seasons 2011 and 2012. I'll post a more in-depth report of the 2011 and 2012 seasons later, but on a macro scale review, I kept Worcestershire in the County Championship Division 1 both times, finishing 6th in both seaons. Intrestingly, Lancashire and Somerset were relegated in 2011, and only Somerset have come back up. Leicestershire also got promoted to Division 1!! In the CB40 and FPT20 I finished bottom of my group both seasons I think. Anyway, in this season I have started off poorly in the CC, drawing 4 and losing 1 in my opening 5 games, leaving me 8th in in danger of going down. In the CB40, I am 4th in Group A after winning 2 and losing 2 in my opening 4 games. The FPT20 is yet to start.

I dont play much county cricket but rather international cricket, was checking my teams stats and found this

attachment.php

Is the salary considered to be a lot for a overseas player in game?

Attachments

• Kane Williamson 1.png
    Kane Williamson 1.png
    56 KB · Views: 63
Is the salary considered to be a lot for a overseas player in game?

Kind of. There's normally several all-rounders each year over the 100,000 mark, like Watson, Oram, a few randoms like Stoute/Weise etc. It's a lot considering out of the massive list there's normally only a handful of payers in six figures, but like I said above there's normally several all-rounders each year over that mark.

Kind of. There's normally several all-rounders each year over the 100,000 mark, like Watson, Oram, a few randoms like Stoute/Weise etc. It's a lot considering out of the massive list there's normally only a handful of payers in six figures, but like I said above there's normally several all-rounders each year over that mark.

And all those with salaries in that category hold central contracts with their respective countries and a hardly available for a county season anyway!

Onto my Worcestershire save, i'm beginning to slip down the CC table now. Im in the relegation places and 9 points off Leicestershire in 7th. My recent game was a loss to Surrey. It started off alright with Mitchell making 50, Moeen Ali getting 79. But then a flurry of wickets fell. Shaaiq Choudry got injured batting in the first innings, which meant my only recognised spinner wouldn't be able to bowl. In Surrey's 1st innings, Steve Davies and Kevin Pietersen both hit hundreds as they really put my bowling to the sword. I'm really missing Alan Richardson's bowling, and Kemar Roach has been nothing short of useless as an overseas player. In my 2nd innings, it all went to pot, early wickets fell and if truth is told they never stopped. Young wicketkeeper Ben Cox was the only player to get any sort of a score, getting 94. They then got their required scores for the victory with 4 wickets to spare.

And all those with salaries in that category hold central contracts with their respective countries and a hardly available for a county season anyway!

In my second season playing Lancashire in ICC 2005, I brought both the most expense batsman and the most expensive bowler. Both of them played the whole season, with Sehwag scoring 1863 FC runs and Weerakoon taking 107 FC wickets. Btw I did that because I didn't realise how bad the domestic auction thing was back then (in ICC 2005). There was only like 30 average domestic players and 2 youth team players available, so I was left with like 175k after all of the domestic players had been sold.

In my first season the starting overseas players (Hodge and Murali) were both only available for half the season. Unless you know the pattern of which countries have international tours over the English summer, then it really just comes down to luck. In the recent versions it kind of says whether they're available for the whole season or not, but sometimes that's wrong.

Just had a very satisfying win to beat the Windies in a test series. A five match series, I was winning 2-0 after 3, before in the 4th test I collapsed to be all out for 170 and lost after having the upper hand for most of the game. And so going into this game, we had lost a bit of momentum and the batting looked shaky. Watson turned out to be an absolute rock, batting for a ridiculous 569 minutes to make 185 not out from 529 balls. Totally carried us, and thanks to Siddle's bag of six we managed a lead, only for Watson to make another 161 not out from 220 balls. Siddle bagged a second sixfa and I saved the series.

Attachments

• Watson 185 off 529.JPG
    Watson 185 off 529.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Wow, Watson is never a rock for me-he can play well but never scores slowly, always plays a flashy innings and gets out.

I'm also currently playing the West Indies in a series on my Australia save (just demolished them 5-0 in the Tests, one of my best ever results) but my lineup and theirs were completely different to your save.
Which version are you playing and what year are you in(I'm in Jan 2013 on ICC 2010)?

Here's my season two squad in my ICC2005 Hampshire save. I'm pretty much just trying to build an ultimate squad, so I picked them because they had the biggest base budget. I managed to clean out most of the first season trash, and I've already got some great depth considering the likes of Brown and Kenway were first team players last season. Bowling wise my two big signings were Louw and Tudor, but they were both overshadowed by some youth team player with a second team average of 17. I thought the game was taking the piss when I saw that I had signed two openers with the exact same name, but no, I looked it up yesterday and there actually is two journeymen English cricketers called Mike/Michael Powell who are only two years apart in age.

FTR last season (in season one) we won the National League, finished 3rd in the County Championship where we only actually lost one match, but we didn't have a good enough team to go on to win any matches, and after winning our first six T20 matches we lost our last three to be knocked out in the quarters. In the knockout competitions we lost by a few runs in the second round, we won by 290 runs in the first round against one of those rubbish teams.

hampshireseason2squad.png

Are you allowed two overseas players in that version? I notice you've got six (congrats on that lol) but Law/Pothas/Louw/Ervine are either Kolpak or the game might think Law is English. Or is Weerakoon Kolpak too?

Are you allowed two overseas players in that version? I notice you've got six (congrats on that lol) but Law/Pothas/Louw/Ervine are either Kolpak or the game might think Law is English. Or is Weerakoon Kolpak too?

Yep, Law/Pothas/Louw/Ervine and Latouf (South African) are all Kolpaks. Ponting and Weerakoon are my two actual overseas players, and I can play both of them at the same time. Weerakoon is the gun Sri Lankan spinner in that version (there's always at least one), after 7 matches this season he's averaging 13 in FC cricket and 9 in OD cricket! I actually started with another overseas player last season as well, like Pothas he was also Italian so they could as domestic players. He was pretty rubbish though so I didn't resign him.

The season to date has been a bit of a shocker though. Pietersen and Ervine can't buy any runs. The two oldies in my middle order (Law and Crawly) are both very inconsistent. All of my pace bowlers have struggled, averaging 40+ in FC cricket, and have been leaking runs badly in the OD stuff. In the 45 over comp. I'm one win - two losses, and in the the CC I'm one win - one draw - one loss. The draw was a dead set victory, they batted out four sessions to save the match nine wickets down. And on top of those matches there was the usual annihilation in the first round of that knockout comp., we put like 380 on them.

Users who are viewing this thread