How are you doing in your career?

I always feel people shouldnt be ashamed on the level they play..This is a game not a competition, so enjoyment comes first regardless of what kind of gameplay they have..So everything is welcomed to share their experience with this game..

Oh yeah, for sure. I was just commenting on the fact that I'm finally having fun batting, and what I needed to do to get there :)

Well, in the last over with four to get I took a single of the first ball expecting my colleague to either take the game or oblige with another single. Nope she stood there doing nothing Bitch! We were denied our first win.
Probably thinking about buying shoes....*

*a joke**

**this clarification needed as you never know what time of the month it is***

***another joke****

****may be based on experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably thinking about buying shoes....*

*a joke**

**this clarification needed as you never know what time of the month it is***

***another joke****

****may be based on experience
None of the above although, she isn't that aggressive so probably my bad as I should have taken the game on myself. Time of the month? No, were all in sync at Wanneroo and that's an off day or on you know what I mean...?[DOUBLEPOST=1487063346][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ya gotta outfox them!
I have the turning circle of an average family car and the oppo is worse.

None of the above although, she isn't that aggressive so probably my bad as I should have taken the game on myself. Time of the month? No, were all in sync at Wanneroo and that's an off day or on you know what I mean?

Sorry I'm a bloke, I wasnt listening.....

I'd like to think I'm going well ....not :lol:facepalm

Playing on veteran/hard averaging a pathetic 17.84 batting three, into my third season at club level. HS 60*

But hey, on normal selection difficulty I'm gaining attention somehow ;)

Had one of my most interesting DBC17 matches this morning.

4-day game, both teams crossing 500 in the first innings and the game reaches a point with opposition chasing 320-odd at a required rate of ~4.5 per over.

Now to the interesting part: I, being in career mode, have a shot stamina (0%) given it's the last session of the fourth day we're talking about. So, my captain hands me the bowl with only 5 overs to go and 2 wickets to get. Lo and behold, I produce an 'effort ball' that swings in late and beats the batsman's expansive cover drive to send his leg stump cartwheeling - all this after I setup the batsman with 3 out-swingers on back of length. What A Moment!

Now, the bowler from the other end could only get a maiden and on I come again. Tried the same tactics of setting up the batsman with out-swingers but the difference this time being the batsman's approach who was playing everything square of the wicket instead of driving the ball. Sooooo.. instead of bowling back of length, my change up delivery was now a deceptive full length(LB+Y on XOne) in-swinger right on stumps and as expected he played all around it and was plumb LBW. Game, set and match.

These are the kind of games that get your imagination going. So worth the time.

I have started pkaying every ball of my innings: so not skipping anything: once I am out I let the game play itself while I actually do some work! Actually great fun!

Had the best T20 match so far playing for Yorkshire team T20 slam!

Scored my first 50 in T20s

20170215144456_1.jpg

Created a 50 partnership as well

20170215144620_1.jpg

Got out advancing down inside edging onto stumps off the last ball of the innings..

20170215144734_1.jpg

And that did not stop there..Had the best spell of my career in this T20 as well taking my first ever 5 wickets in an innings..Had a chance of 6th too but the fielder dropped a catch off a short ball slow cutter which was mistimed and up in the air..Nevertheless was really pleased with this match.

20170215145618_1.jpg

20170215145855_1.jpg

This was the cherry on top because that was the last match I played for them in that series and we qualified for Finals and but was called for national duty to play for India against SL in a 7 match T20

20170215150024_1.jpg

20170215150112_1.jpg

20170215150948_1.jpg

And took 2 wickets in my debut match which could have resulted in a win for us as I got both the settled batsman but SL managed a last ball stunner finish to win the match..

Attachments

• 20170215145623_1.jpg
    20170215145623_1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20170215150031_1.jpg
    20170215150031_1.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 91
Just made my first ever slower-than-a-run-a-ball century (or any batting milestone for that matter) on DBC, before converting it into my first DBC17 150! I ended up unbeaten on 166* off 159 balls, with something like 15 or 16 fours, but most of the runs being taken from singles, and plenty of leaving anything that looked risky. Considering I was batting with the tail for the last half of the innings, it was actually really enjoyable taking it slowly and steadily, and taking the runs as they came. I'd been on an awful run of form lately, so I was pretty careful when I came in and then just kept being cautious as I went along. For that number of balls on DBC14, I'd have been approaching 300, so it was nice to have a slower innings, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread