How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is the flood lights test match I was mentioning in previous post. All lights ON & ambience/ground condition is AMAZING!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Post Rain Conditions & Batting Vs Spin :

So these 2 videos above summarizes the post rain conditions & how amazing the ground is to bat. Ball just slips to boundary in lightening speed which doesn't happen in normal weather or light rain interruptions.

@cricket_online; - you can see these videos on what I was referring to play late against spinners. That is how I always play spin & pro-camera mode really helps to have control of your batting. All you need is, to forget what is in text book - late cut, early cut or whatever. Just have the sight of the ball pitching and keep rotating your bat in gaps where you want to score runs. If you have that mindset of playing on a real ground when you are in front of TV, it will help a bit to bring that realistic cautiousness feeling than letting our mind to think about - cut Vs drift, leg-glance vs flight or what shot to play etc. Hope it helps.:thumbs

ProCamera Mode :

Just took this video for others just to let you know how fabulous the experience is, when you turn on the pro-cam. I am loving it absolutely. Only thing which I always do, being cautious on fielders around you & place the deliveries in gap. Just like the real life cricket!:thumbs

@BigAntStudios; I can keep saying 'Thank You' 1000 of times in 1000 places forever for this game, it is just SO ENJOYABLE that I even forget so many other real life works that I have, LOL.:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ellgieff

Club Captain
Wow, that spinner loves to throw full tosses. Why don't I face spinners that love to throw full tosses?

Nice video, and thanks for sharing. 180 in 80 balls? I'd stop enjoying the game at that point, I think. Too good, man.

GeordiSandman83

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
End of Year 1 and.....England Test!

Won the Aussie Domestic shield with New South Wales. First Class Career going well!

Batting

Matches: 32
Innings: 53
Not Out: 8
Runs: 2268
Top Score: 168
Average: 50.40
Balls Faced: 2612
Strike Rate: 86.83
Hundreds: 9
Fifties: 9
Ducks: 4
Fours: 291
Sixes: 21

Bowling & Fielding

Balls Bowled: 4338
Wickets: 319
Runs: 1761
Average: 5.52
Economy: 2.43
Strike Rate: 13.59
5WI: 42
10WM: 19
BBI: 9/9
BBM: 15/36
Maidens: 133
Catches: 10

Just got picked for England away test vs Pakistan at Lahore!
Bowled them out for 232 in 1st Inns
Figures of 4/33 off 16.4 overs.

279/8 in reply currently 62 not out.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@surendar : You should start playing at higher level difficulties as you now easily get centuries in very less balls...:yes

darko21

School Cricketer
Just finished first year with my created player. Surpassed 250 FC wickets and became a 'regular member' of the test and ODI squads.

But I am getting sick of bowling! Especially in FC matches (test included), I am used for a majority of the overs (yes, I know spinners do get lots of overs) but the other bowlers make no impact. Got 9-45 in the last county match; part-time bowler got 1-5 while the main bowlers collected runs.

I hope that batting with a more accomplished batsman in career is more rewarding. 28 is still my highest score and that was from blasting 18 runs from leg glances against a fast bowler. Even today as I accumulated 16 runs from bad field placements (no fielders straight down the ground), I holed out to mid off next over after my right stick decided that my straight drive was more on drive. Oh well.

Might start a new career with a modified competition list. Looking at replacing the English county with SA, NZL and AUS sides for something different. A Southern Hemisphere competition. And maybe the WIndies sides in the Aus comp. Something like this.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I keep getting myself in, and then chucking my wicket away. Just got to 42 again, was smashing Wainwright and then tried to clip him on the leg-side for a single, and lobbed it straight to deep square leg. So frustrating. I will get my maiden 50 soon!

bumbisoft

International Coach
This is a really strange forum. In one place people discuss fastest centuries while in other places people struggling to get a run

ellgieff

Club Captain
This is a really strange forum. In one place people discuss fastest centuries while in other places people struggling to get a run

I'm really struggling to fathom it, tbh.

I've had a few 50's - although to be fair, I'm only playing the first two years of a career player before I delete and start again.

And most of the time I'm struggling. I've just stepped up the "starting" difficulty to veteran, to try and see if some of the trouble I was having was related to the assistance provided at pro level.

And now I hit patches where it doesn't seem to matter what I do, my guy can't hit the ball.

I've just noticed that one of the teams in the get best I got has two bowlers who deliver at around 150 km/hr, and a spinner who's regularly hitting 1300 rpm (and I assume that this means their skills are really high), I wonder if "get best" is causing some of my issues.

Mostly I'm waiting for patch 2, so I can play the career I actually want to play (bowling all-rounder, which is what I was when I played) without it being stupidly easy.

Even on Veteran difficulty, the attempt I had at playing as an all-rounder I got figures of 10-for-not-very-many in my first match - mostly because the opposing batsmen are muppets.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
First 50 at last :D Got it against Middlesex in the T20 stuff. Takes my average to a very respectable 20.86 in that format, with a strike rate of 189.61. Glenn Maxwell step aside.

One thing that's really frustrating, is being dismissed going to take a run, cancelling it, and the batsman just walking back into the crease and getting run out. Happened a few times now, and there's no worse way to get out!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've got one. Didn't take a run; just backing up. Pressed cancel/no run as usual and my player just stood there while the bowler ran him out. :(

Abyss

Club Cricketer
I've got one. Didn't take a run; just backing up. Pressed cancel/no run as usual and my player just stood there while the bowler ran him out. :(

That happened to me last night while i was on 95. Was a nice opening partnership of 140. AI blocked it, i pressed "B" and he just stood there. Kept on mashing it, but no change. Got run out for it.:facepalm:facepalm
Not to upsetting though, cause chances are i would of gotten myself out some how beofre the 100 mark.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Or get "stumped" by wkt keeper against a pace bowler. Have been out this way a few times when a short ball hit me as I was going for a cut and the keeper rushed up to the stumps, picked up the ball and removed the bails. All this while my batsman just stood there with his feet on the batting crease and pressing O button made no difference.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've also had the fielder-barges-you-out-of-the-crease runout. At least with cancelling a run I feel it was sort of a tiny bit my fault.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

Haha, wow. Okay, you win. That would be frustrating as hell.

Fat Gray is one hell of a player. Won so many games on his own, must have scored 7 or 8 centuries already, if not more, including a massive triple. Don't like him, but glad he's a part of the Surrey side on the game, we'd suck so hard without him.

Had a good run in the T20 stuff. Got to the final, against Sussex. I made a half century batting first before getting run out as normal, this one was a geniune run out though. They then annoyingly chased it down with an over to spare. Nice to make the finals, and play decently in the competition though. Am starting to get some attention from the Big Bash sides. Don't think I'll get the call up first year, but should be picking up a contract 2nd season!

Users who are viewing this thread