How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Right out of the gate I got a 220 on my debut, my first 13 balls went for sixes! Yeah, that's what playing on Rookie mode will do. But I wanted to get an easy handle on things since I had never played a cricket game in my life.

I've slowed down quite a bit. My highest since is a 267, but I've even had a few ducks. I'm much better in the FC matches, though I've had to be much more patient (the game has gone up in difficulty - my helmet shows the #2 now, whatever that means). I'm kinda terrible in T20 and I'm just ok in Pro 40s. FC is where it is at for me.
I'm brand new here and to this game so forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question. I'm on Xbox 360, when I set up a knew career I couldn't select a level lower than pro. Am I missing something?
Also while I'm at it I couldn't work out how to select an age, am I missing something there too?

Thanks for any help guys

I'm on Xbox 360, when I set up a knew career I couldn't select a level lower than pro. Am I missing something?
Also while I'm at it I couldn't work out how to select an age, am I missing something there too?
Both those things were added in a patch to the game. If you haven't already, make sure to plug your Xbox into the internet and sign into Xbox Live when starting the game, it will prompt you for any updates. After you get those you'll be able to start careers on lower difficulties.

They've slightly hidden away that age option - it's something you pick under the 'Identity' option when setting up a career. They really should have moved it to that first screen so everyone could see it easier.

Just took 4-0 off 1.4 overs in the BBL, playing for the Thunder against the Renegades... Demolished them for 40.. Dilshan is a freaking god.. 3-8 off 3 overs and 20* off 9 balls.. I bat at 6 and have only had 1 innings in 5 games, in which I made 27 off 18 before getting bowled by Tait.. A bouncer that hit my chest and rolled down onto leg stump :mad

Well I'm about to start my career over for the 3rd time. When I first got the game I used get best for all teams & hadn't played any other modes. I jumped straight into my career but after 2 games I realised the rosters were all outdated.
I spent a couple of weeks fixing them all to current rosters downloading new players etc. Loaded up my saved career.....But all the rosters were still outdated.
Jumping online to find out why I found this forum & discovered I couldn't edit the rosters inside career mode!?!
Seeing that I wasn't far into my career I decided to start over with the fixed rosters and spent more time tuning my player likeness only to realise during my first match that by selecting 7 as my batting order that a key player had been left out of my squad. So now I'm assuming that i will replace the no. 7 of any team I am selected in & I am making sure no key players are in the number 7 slot of all Aus domestic sides and Aus Int team in the academy before I start my career for the 3rd time.
Also if you have a preferred shirt number make sure no other player in the squad you will be playing in has that number as their prefered or you won't get to wear it.

I really don't see the point in having a 20 year career mode without the ability to edit rosters inside of it!

This time I've noticed that you can start a career with a player from the academy so I might create my player there first so if I have to start my career over for a 4th time atleast I don't have to create my player from scratch again.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have aroblem on Carrer mode shen u start it only selects that u play for Bangladesh? I have started 4 differerent career modes and no matter who I pick for my internatinal team it always goes to Bangladesh.

I'm 3 and a half matches into my first PS4 career. I was waiting for the academy patch to come before I started as I wanted to customise the team lists. I've replaced the Aus domestic teams with NZ and replaced Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands in the P40 with Cumberland, Berkshire and Devon, the last three winners of the Minor Counties limited overs competition. I'm a batting all-rounder (finger-spin), batting at 4 for Hampshire. Difficulty is Pro.

The first Championship match was against Leicestershire and we batted first. I made a reasonable 25(32) then a nice and economical 12-4-2-23, picking up my first wickets. Second innings, was out for just 15(20) but redeemed myself with the ball getting 4fer (9-3-4-17) and helping to bowl them out cheaply for a decent first win despite our first innings deficit. This earned me the Man of the Match (good start!)

The first Pro40 against Glamorgan we fielded first. I was brought in to bowl over half way through the innings, again, pretty economically and picked up a wicket (6-3-1-6). We restricted them to an average total and I came in to bat with us requiring only 40 off off the last 10 overs. I ended up hitting the winning runs, ending on 28*(22).

My second Championship match didn't go as well, we batted first again but I only made 2(2). Bowling was economical again and got a couple of wickets getting figures of 17-11-2-9. I got a slightly better 12(8) doing a bit of slogging to set a decent target for them to chase before we declared. Unfortunately they managed to bat out a draw, my second innings figures were 15-8-1-14.

Now half way through my third Championship match. Batting first against Glamorgan, got my maiden 50(45) before getting caught out next ball. Unfortunately the team didn't bat great overall and we only just got over the 200 mark for the innings. Bowling, I wasn't brought on until they already had over 300 but got their last 3 wickets cheaply for figures of 3.5-1-3-8. They have a first innings lead over a little over 100 so we'll need a strong batting performance in the second innings to challenge for the match...

Screenshot of 50(45)-
B_zQtZaW8AEvIc3.jpg

I've replaced the Aus domestic teams with NZ and replaced Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands in the P40 with Cumberland, Berkshire and Devon, the last three winners of the Minor Counties limited overs competition.

Are those minor counties teams in the academy?

Are those minor counties teams in the academy?
They are, I didn't create them originally. I downloaded them from the academy but I admit I didn't check the accuracy of them as I don't know enough about the minor counties for it to make a difference to me. All I did was edit a couple of 'censored' names to make them seem more realistic before I re-uploaded from my PC ready to download to ps4 for my career. I knew the career mode balancing would make them play reasonably realistically.

I did it mainly as I'm using up to date (ish) county squads which have a lot of cross over with up to date squads of those national teams.

Started my Career yesterday with Essex:
1st Innings : Got out on a duck
2nd Innings: made 6 runs

I am still trying to figure out the controls of the game.. I am new to Xbox One as well as to the cricket game!
If anyone can post a tutorial for Xbox One that would be great for Batting and Bowling.

using my recently updated county teams i started a new career. simply to annoy @SpitfiresKent i removed Zimbabwe and replaced them with Ireland and am pursuing an Irish career. (I also removed Bangladesh and replaced them with Afghanistan, because Taliban.)

playing as an opening batsman for Gloucestershire and concentrating on first class - i played only 3 List A games though did play most of the T20s with limited success (scored 1 50 in List A, 3 50s in T20 for which we were runners up) .

end of first season i scored 885 First Class runs in 30 innings at 29.5 with 5 50s and 1 century. Fair Way off Aus One Day & T20, long way off Aus Shield (found that odd given I'd played so few List A games). No chance of any international selection.

Just started my 2nd season, scored 0 and 68 in the first match, and currently 52* in the first innings of second FC match (had to save & exit as it was way past my bed time!)

Users who are viewing this thread