How do U bat?

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have the PS2 version of Cricket 2005 and I am struggling to make runs, so I was wondering what is everyone tectics towards batting?

One of the tactic is to build your confidence meter i.e.by playing defensive shots and placing the ball in gaps. Dont go for aggressive shots early or before you know it you might be 4 wickets down! Second tactic, try to play the ball to the leg side. Flick the over-pitched balls to the leg side and when the length is short, flick the ball of your backfoot to the leg. In easy and medium 80% time it results in a boundary. In hard it depends upon the pitch. If the pitch is damp then the backfoot shot becomes useless. Try it!

UsmanCHADDA said:
In easy and medium 80% time it results in a boundary. In hard it depends upon the pitch.

Lucky you! Although I have noticed how much easier it is to bat on hard pitches, still doesn't stop me losing wickets but thats another story. As for the tactics, very similar to Usman, except, it looks like I go after the loose balls more than what he does (half-volley's outside off-stump, mmm, tasty!). But yeh, just be patient, wait for the right balls to score off, but whatever you do, don't slog until your batsman has some confidence.

As i've already said, don't listen to all the hints about not batting too aggressively, pounce on anything short or full of a length, by hitting it over the top. You will get at least one ball an over where you can do this, usually scoring a four or a six, and the batsmans confidence is high in no time. Once his confidence is high, it becomes easier to play strokes along the ground.

This is really getting up my nose, I cannot score a run and everytime I press the power button its out. This is the ****test game ever.. EA suck.

You have to time your shots and play sensibly, especially against good teams, funnily enough just like real cricket. You can hit it over the top for 4 or six no problem, but if you time it wrong or are slightly out of position you are going to sky it or edge it especially if you're batting confidence is low.

You cant just press down, right and hit a shot expecting it to go for 4 all the time, it has to hit spot on and also if the bowlers are varying line and length and the pace pretty well that will help you come unstuck.

In my first test match I was all out for 59, as I was seeing how to play the right shots etc, now Im doing much better as I know how to time six hit shots a lot better.

Yeah i think the thing is, you can hit the big shots without the confidence meter being all that high but you have to look for the right shots. The batsman needs to be perfectly positioned, I slogged the ball back right of Gillespie's head when playing with Victoria against South Australia.

Look for the gaps in the field, the best one for me is when the opposition have nobody behind the bowler becuase you can basically just slog the ball right off the bowler. It will only last for an over though before the CPU figures out what your doing and puts someone there.

ajay2k5 said:
I just got bowled out for 50 runs, yay... Lost by 150, lol.

Dont try power shots! Try to make it to the 20 over and then if you want you can try it. Especially try to take on a spinner. It is more easier to hit him for six rather than a fast bowler. Take the leg-side route. Dont try power shots in first 15-20 overs. If you are not accustomed to timing the ball correctly, slogging is definitely not for you!

ajay2k5 said:
This is really getting up my nose, I cannot score a run and everytime I press the power button its out. This is the ****test game ever.. EA suck.
Get a grip ffs, anyone that knows cricket knows u have to be patient, if u want an arcade game were u score easily with lots of 4's and 6's get BLIC when it comes out.

ajay2k5 said:

EA suck because your rubbish at a game they made? Grow up.

FreddieFan said:
EA suck because your rubbish at a game they made? Grow up.

I just said that cause I was ****ed off, I guess were not use to a EA game being as difficult as this game is. I'll get the hang of it, eventually.

The most annoying thing is the electric fielders, there faster than the flash!!!

Fu## u EA..I have tried everything and i still get out for 25 runs and on the other hand they score 20 runs in 1 over...There are no controller options in EA pc version.Anybody knows where to adjust buttons for front foot or back foot shot in PC version..i think ****### missed it.

you need to press the arrow keys first before you press any thing else like the shot and power button. also when they are about to bowl move to the sid and show your stumps so you have more room to hit sixes. it worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread