Your Cricket How do you...

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
celebrate when you get a wicket? I do this --> :hpraise. But in all seriousness, i do the finger, not the middle i might add :spy. Purpose of the thread is that i`m interested in what other people do so yeah.

I remember the first time I got a wicket, I held my balls like Michael Jackson. Don't ask me why.

But now I just pump my fist in the air or I just stare at the batsman face and say 'On yer' bike'.

I walk down the pitch as if nothing happened. Unusual I know. I'm not really one for celebrations.

Although I must admit I've done the old Shane Warne fist pump on one knee and the Akhtar bird celebration. I was about 12 then though. I get more excited when I beat the edge of the bat than when I get them out.

I do the Mitchell Johnson finger celebration, you know, the one he uses to check other people`s balls? *Points at your sig*

High five with the wicketkeeper usually. Nothing too spectacular, unless it's a major wicket.

High five with the wicketkeeper usually. Nothing too spectacular, unless it's a major wicket.

Yeah,usuall the same as me. When I took my first 5 fa last season I celebrated more than usual but not a lot. I remember in school cricket (Actual proper cricket not lunch time stuff) I got out a guy with my first ball who made 160 the game before (Matches are 35 overs). Oh it was just awesome. I went for a run when I took my hattrick in U13s. The older I've gotten, the less dramatic the celebration.

What do you do if its a major wicket? Give the keeper a double high-five?

Normally if it's a major wicket, I tend to roar a very manly 'Yeah!', pump my fist and form a team huddle. Yeahhh.

Not much TBH. Unless it's someone decent and your've had to work for that wicket.

Good old fashioned fist pump followed by a quick sledge for the batsmen, I rarely take wickets anyway so it's not to big an issue

Last edited:
Their is one douche on our team, that whenever he would get a wicket, he'd approach the batsman and pat him on the back pronouncing "Thanks for your wicket". Such a smartass.

I`d be pretty pissed off if i was the batsman, might`ve give a punch or two in the guts if i was.

Users who are viewing this thread