Rest of the World XI

how bout we break it down, lik richie benaud did 4 his all time greatest XI.
OPENING BATSMEN:
MIDDLE ORDER BATSMEN:
ALL-ROUNDERS:
WICKET-KEEPER (BATSMAN):
SPIN BOWLER(S):
PACE BOWLERS:

now, using these criteria, do we all still agree with our own XI's or do we want 2 change wat we individually hav suggested, and then we could decide on a planetcricket rest-of-the-world XI.

OPENING BATSMEN:G.Smith and M.Vaughan

MIDDLE ORDER BATSMEN:S.Tendulkar and B.Lara

ALL-ROUNDERS:J.Kallis and A.Flintoff

WICKET - KEEPER:K.Sangakkara

SPIN BOWLERS:A.Giles and M.Muralitharan

PACE BOWLERS:S.Harmison and S.Pollock

I reckon Gayle should be in the team as opener. He has had a great year and along with Sehwag will be brilliant to watch.

But Vaughn shouldn't be there. Since the ashes tour he has been in shocking form (not good enough to be in a world XI at least)

OPENING BATSMEN: Sehwag and Smith
MIDDLE ORDER BATSMEN: Dravid, Tendulkar and Lara
ALL-ROUNDERS: Kallis and Flintoff
WICKET-KEEPER (BATSMAN): Sangakkara
SPIN BOWLER(S): Vettori
PACE BOWLERS: Pollock and Harmison

squiz said:

just pollock and harmison? actually good choice :drinks

squiz said:

How can you pick Vettori over Murali. Vittori isn't even in the same class as Murali. I guess it's a personal choice. But if you putting the best players to play the best team, you are way off.

I'm just going on Statistics in Australia. Vettori's average is around 30, Murali's average is around 100

Murali have played less matches in Australia than Vettori, so I don't think it's a good comparison.

Head to head against Australia, though, the stats are about the same. I wouldn't bother with either of them, I'd take Anil Kumble, he's had a very good year, punctuated with a few performances of utter devastation. He's also a much more wisened and seasoned player and as we all know, knowledge is power.

angryangy said:
Head to head against Australia, though, the stats are about the same. I wouldn't bother with either of them, I'd take Anil Kumble, he's had a very good year, punctuated with a few performances of utter devastation. He's also a much more wisened and seasoned player and as we all know, knowledge is power.

You are joking right??? Kumble is a good bowler and served India for a long while now. If you are to field the best best players against the best team in the world, you can't go past Murali. Most people here just can't get over the fact that he is a great spin bowler. They just don't want to see him in the lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread