The Draft, And your best current XI...

zreh

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
angryangy said:
Ponting averages 64.4 at no.3 in Tests. Dravid averages 61.7 at no. 3.

The past 3 years, no one has averaged more than dravid in tests. Where did u get that 64.4 is Ponting's average at no. 3

I want some proof

Indiangod

International Coach
I agree with you in the last 3 years dravids ealily the best one day and test batsman in the world .he is consistant , and have made a lot more test runs in the last 3 years.
Also he as made 5 or 6 double hundreds in the last 3 years.

Aussies r tops

Club Cricketer
you are all expecting me to say, since I am an Aussie, "Oh, Ricky Ponting is soo wonderful, oh, he is by far the worlds best batsman, and now let's all go an solute him, he's my hero." No. Brian Lara I believe is still the world's best, and there won't be much that will change that.

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
the is no need to agrue about the current best bastman.....we all know Brian lara is number 1..............when he retires only then we should agrue about weather sachin or dravid or pointing.........is the current best

shanewarne

Club Cricketer
My test XI would consist of

1.J.Langer
2.G.Smith
3.R.Dravid
4.B.Lara
5.J.Kallis
6.A.Flintoff
7.A.Gilchrist
8.S.Pollock
9.S.Warne
10.M.Muralitharan
11.G.McGrath

My ODI team would be

1.A.Gilchrist
2.V.Sehwag
3.J.Kallis
4.B.Lara
5.R.Ponting
6.A.Flintoff
7.D.Vettori
8.C.Vaas
9.D.Vettori
10.B.Lee
11.S.Bond
12.C.Cairns(super sub)
:cheers
:D

zreh

Club Cricketer
kelvinismyname said:
the is no need to agrue about the current best bastman.....we all know Brian lara is number 1..............when he retires only then we should agrue about weather sachin or dravid or pointing.........is the current best

thats why Dravid and Tendulkar both average more than Lara in both versions of the game :rolleyes:

Tendulkar is the 2nd best cricket player of all time. Ahead of lara in tests and ODI's. And if you want to argue that, just tell me buddy, ill just get the stats to shut you up

pal

International Coach
Tendulkar surely deserves a place next to Bradman in the annals of cricket history, but I think Kelvin is referring to the current state of cricket. Sachin is suffering from an injury and perhaps his old brilliance has faded a bit, but Lara still seems to be going strong at the moment.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
zreh said:
The past 3 years, no one has averaged more than dravid in tests. Where did u get that 64.4 is Ponting's average at no. 3

I want some proof

geez just look it

http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

3rd position 52 87 12 4832 257 242 207 64.42 16 17 2

In the past 3 years, Dravid averages 73.68, with 9 hundreds, Ponting averages 71.54, 13 hundreds.

In the past year, Dravid has averaged 56.07, with 3 hundreds, Ponting 69.68 with 6 hundreds.

I think the biggest thing all these stats tell me is that India really don't play nearly enough Test cricket.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
As for the best batsman, I cant say for sure who it is, But I know it isnt Lara. Just because a man scores a selfish 400 out of the blue that doesnt make him the best.

I must say that Dravid and ponting are pretty close based on last 3 yrs form. I still do think that Dravid is a much better Test Batsman than Ponting despite the numbers. Im pretty sure that if Dravid had as good backup as ponting does, then he would play his natural game and his numbers would be much better. If ponting is given the same backup tommorow as Dravid has now, then he wud prolly Run away from the team!!

Sando

Club Cricketer
I really don't think you can separate the two. They both have proven themselves to be excellent players over an extended period of time. I reckon Dravid has the more complete defensive game, and ability to dominate a game by playing for a long period. I think Punter is the more destructive batsmen, that can really turn the heat up on an opposing team and place his side in a commanding position within a short space of time.

My best XI's

Test

Langer
Sehwag
Ponting
Tendulkar
Kallis
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Warne
Murali
Bond (I know he's on the road to recovery, but I love the bloke)
McGrath

ODI
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ponting
Lara
Kallis
Gilchrist
Symonds
Flintoff
Vettori
Lee