Chris Cairns
Brett Lee

Afridi
Gilchrist(Keeper/Captain)
Sachin Tendulkar
Symonds
Flintoff
Lee

Lee-Flintoff-Symonds(medium pace)-Tendulkar-Afridi.

Shahid Afridi
Chris Gayle
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist
Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan
Virender Sehwag

I picked Rana since he is better with the bat than some of the other pacers out there and his form as a bowler has been great so far this year.

Brett Lee is better is nearly every way compared to Rana :S. Batting, Bowling, not sure about fielding though

squiz said:
Brett Lee is better is nearly every way compared to Rana :S. Batting, Bowling, not sure about fielding though
Lee is sharper in the field.
But naved is way better with the bat(he started his career as a batter for heavens sake)
Lee is a better bowler but Rana is likely to be better in a slog...

m_vaughan said:
Gayle
Gilchrist
Pieterson
Flintoff
Cairns
Harmison
Pieterson ain't such a hot bowler, is he...Chigumbura smashed him for a couple of sixes last time he bowled...

ZoraxDoom said:
Pieterson ain't such a hot bowler, is he...Chigumbura smashed him for a couple of sixes last time he bowled...
Can still bowl though, he has taken quite a few County Championship wickets.

My Team
Afridi
Tendulkar (Captain)
Symonds
MS Dhoni (WK)
Flintoff
Harvey

I went for a something little different in my team, even though most people have Afridi, Tendulkar and Flintoff, MS Dhoni and Ian Harvey are very destrucrive cricketers and it makes a change not to have Gilchrist who even though is destructive, can get out cheaply sometimes. Harvey is a dominant player having already hit 3 centuries in Twenty20 cricket and one of the leading wicket takers in one day cricket in England taken something like 218 in 110 matches which is awesome so I would have him in. As back up's I would have Mohammad Ashraful who showed us how destructive he can be in the Natwest Series and Brett Lee.

Briggsey said:
Can still bowl though, he has taken quite a few County Championship wickets.
Even Chanderpaul has a few domestic wickets...don't make him a useful bowler:p

ZoraxDoom said:
Even Chanderpaul has a few domestic wickets...don't make him a useful bowler:p
Hot or not, fact still remains though that he can still bowl an over!!

ZoraxDoom said:
Lee is sharper in the field.
But naved is way better with the bat(he started his career as a batter for heavens sake)
Lee is a better bowler but Rana is likely to be better in a slog...
He must have been a pretty bad batsman to start with if Lee has a higher average than him in all forms of the game

squiz said:
He must have been a pretty bad batsman to start with if Lee has a higher average than him in all forms of the game
Why do ya think he became a bowler:p

my team would be:
V.Sehwag
A.Gilchrist(WK)
J.Kallis
A.Flintoff
S.Pollock (world class bowler along with slogging batting)
H.Streak
my 2 extras:C.Cairns, N.Astle (pretty decent medium pacer)
if retired players are included then ofcourse my OPENING batsman would be LANCE KLUSENER!!!
dont forget Jacob Oram he is also a powerful hitter like Cairns

Afridi
Gilchrist(WK) (C)
Cairns
Symonds
Flintoff
Lee

Batting order as listed, Lee to try and bowl out the team, the rest well all big hitters

batting

sehwag
Afridi
Gilchrist(capt / keeper)
Flintoff
symonds
vass ( truly amazing bowler, and decent with the bat)

bowling
vass
flintoff
sehwag
symonds(spin of medium depending on game)
afridi

Users who are viewing this thread