Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 10 6.5%

Votes: 28 18.1%

Votes: 53 34.2%

Votes: 35 22.6%

Votes: 24 15.5%

• Total voters
I assumed it was X number out of unicorn dipped bear testicles?

I had given it a 7 based on first impressions and I stick by that after a few games online and some games into career mode.

Career mode is enjoyable, but is long and involving. But I think if the issues with online play are solved, we'd have a lot more fun playing online with real human players.

Playing against AI in casual matches just basically seems pointless except to practise skills.

6 out of 10 from me. I still think EA Cricket 07 is the best cricket game I've played.

Terry may have to eat some humble pie! And I don't mind in the least. I'm not particularly IT/gaming savvy and think that I have been playing the game for about 3 weeks WITHOUT THE FIRST PATCH!!!
I was under the impression that that the first patch came with the game cos the info said that I had to update something before I could play the game.
Yesterday was the first time that I had the game connected up to xbox live (so as to download real squads and umpires) but I reckon the game plays much better and smoother now since doing this. Fielding and throwing the ball to keeper/bowler seems more responsive now. And great to see Onions, Mustard and Colly in my Durham squad. Amending score to 8 out of 10.

Kind of hard to rate.

I can't give it really high marks because there is so much room for improvement, but in the context of cricket gaming history it's near the top. It's probably only around a 7/10, but it feels like a 10 for reasons unrelated to gameplay.

6/10

The longer you play the more issues creep into the game
Dumbest AI ever
Playing tests as if it was AI
Bowling to easy, taking 10 wickets a match in less overs -pffft
bowler is super fielder, coming around and dive stopping a ball that is on opposite side of the pitch, the ridiculous run outs
from the bowler,
and the list continues

Its only fun batting for now but the novelty of the game is running out very quickly

Lets hope they can fix this issues soon

Last edited:
Its a great game no doubt and surely the best cricket game ever, however Bigant can still learn a lot to add some real-match kind of atmosphere into the game. Batting is extremely challenging, The graphics are superb and customization has been massively done for players. The career mode is hands-on involvement and it needs a lot of patience.

Just two changes if you could to the sequel. Add realism in the crowd noise and induct play by play commentary and the game will do wonders. A 9 out of 10 from my side still because we were not expecting such a quality cricket game from the first time developers of cricket. Thumbs up for the great effort :thumbs

I've given the game a 8/10.

Considering it is Big Ant Studios first cricket title, I've got to give them props for developing a solid cricket title.

Like all games, there are flaws but overall it is the most enjoyable cricket game I've played for a while. Hopefully Big Ant Studios will continue to update the game and in future continue developing cricket games for next-gen.

8/10 post 1st patch 2nd patch can move it up to 10. I dont really care about replays or commentary or animations (that much). It is all about game play and after solving those visible issues we discussed for so many days game play would be awesomly awesome.

Kind of hard to rate.

I can't give it really high marks because there is so much room for improvement, but in the context of cricket gaming history it's near the top. It's probably only around a 7/10, but it feels like a 10 for reasons unrelated to gameplay.

This is pretty accurate for me. I gave it an 8 but looking at it objectively it's probably a 7 or just under if we're going with decimal points. There's plenty of flaws but the good stuff is so good that it outweighs the bad, and the fact I see the game being incrementally improved by Big Ant adds some extra gloss to the score. Big Ant's approach as developers is really worth a lot.

8/10

Brilliant game, I just think a few tweaks are necessary. Online mode needs some tighter regulations about quitting matches (1-hour ban, maybe?); Online glitches (apparently) caused by wifi; and more catches in the slips/ by the wicketkeeper.

One or two other things, but a great achievement for cricket lovers everywhere!

Offline play:8/10
Online play: 5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

6/10

Outstanding vision and a Great control system but buggy as hell, little to no quality assurance.

Super fielders
Bowling fatigue
Batting AI
Cancelling a run and watching the nonstriker shuffle slowly back in
Broken review system
Bad commentary
Etc
Etc

Far too many bugs for a ?50 game.

Great idea, more attention to detail needed.

I think it is better to wait for patch 2 before people crucify the developers for bugs. I know we spent a lot of money but this is the first game and a ground breaking one at that, in a franchise. Can any of you remember last time a cricket game developers gave us patches. We already have had one and second will be upon us very soon. Bugs will still be there but if any major ones rear their ugly head, Bigants will smash those with another patch.

Users who are viewing this thread