How to bowl and win

tegg02

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only games that I seem to be able to win when playing 10 over internationals on mediums skill:

When Im the ALL STARS and the opposition is a low ranked team like Zimbabwe. I tend to score able 90 to 100 and can restrict them to about 70. They are actually quite tense matches. And the spirit of the game works well. Habashan and Murilly take most wickets.

But if I am say Australia playing India, I can bat reasonably and get perhaps 70, but whan they bat they are ridiculosly good. Good line and lentgh from McGraphs and Gillisppees but they hit emm all over the park. Its very frustrating. Over in about 5 overs.

So does anyone have some bowling tips for the quicks. The swing is woefully implimented, to be non existant. Watching Brett Lee swing the ball at MCG live, it must swing half a meter between hand and bowler with a new ball.

If they are smashing you around, have fielders on the boundaries, and you should get a lot of wickets caught in the outfield. Also have a 6-3 field and bowl just outside (or just on) off stump, forcing the batsmen to play on the off side.

I know the feeling, I've only played the game a couple of times (I should get my copy in a few days) and was getting smashed around a lot, and found that a really defensive field would stop the copious amounts of runs the opposition were scoring.

Also, try bowling the occasional yorker. I bowled a couple of overs pretty much on the same spot, then i put in a really fast yorker (or really slow) and I sometimes got a wicket.

Good luck :)

The tactic I'm currently using in Test matches is bowling bouncers at them and have a strong leg side field. The risk is the ball going for byes (way too easily in my opinion). The advantage is the AI batsmen don't mind hooking and tends to get themselves caught at square leg or nick one thru to the keeper.

The other advantage to this I find is that they sometimes get hit on the body or side of the head, thus losing a bit of confidence :)

Hi guys
Finally Got Cricket 2004 today
Played it for 4 hours
When i run the game with pitch detail on the game runs slowllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly like a tortoise
help me
if turn it off the game runs smoothly
guys dont u think the misfieldings r too many?????????
I played the first game Pak v Nz(me)eden park
autoplayed pakistans batting they made 272/9
i started nicely with 40/0 in 8 overs but i lost wickets and i was bowled out for 222
i thought it was a realistic game
Have u guys ever got Cpu out
i mean i cant even get through their defence
i got him out 2 times caught behind
Help me in getting Cpu out

Will u let me know the default controls to hit these shots
sweep
reverse sweep
leg glance etc..

What is that Force LOD thing
tell me what it does
Any help will be apreciated

These are R/H Batsmen:

Sweep: Up + Left + S
Reverse Sweep: Up + Right + "Hit Six"
Leg Glance (Front Foot): Right + S
Leg Glance (Back Foot): Right + W

thanks squiz
wud u let me know more good shots???
PLZZZZZZ
thanks in advance

tell me these shots

pull
square cut(which buttons to press i get it rarely)
i cant even make out if a batsman is coming down the pitch

and plzz u tell me what r the gud shots in the game
and tell me how to play them

Pull: I Don't know
Square Cut: Left + S Left + W

I Like The Back Foot On Drive at the start of an innings of a test match

the best shots to play off half volley sorts of balls...are the

--> + front foot + air

that always goes for six if u time it...i still cant get the reverse sweep working i dunno what line to hit it...i can restrict the computer to around 4....u just pack the whole off side feild...dont even need people strait...and keep bowling wide outside the off stump and full...they cant do ****....its reaally easy....

hai guys,

any body could help in key controls for bowling...
1. In swing / Out swing..
2. Cutters (for fast bowlers)..

moreover while bowling, after selecting where to pitch the ball, what is the use of moving that small circle in the bottom left hand corner of the screen....

nav122001 said:
hai guys,

any body could help in key controls for bowling...
1. In swing / Out swing..
2. Cutters (for fast bowlers)..

moreover while bowling, after selecting where to pitch the ball, what is the use of moving that small circle in the bottom left hand corner of the screen....
The little circle determines which way the ball moves, ie. swing/spin/cut. The bowling controls are in your manual

hi brad352,

thanks u very much for ur reply.....unfortunately i dont have a manual
for this game....Do u know if the game controls are available online in this
site/forum ?

Users who are viewing this thread