Tutorial How to edit pitch and field textures (+ Bonus: My custom outfield/pitches! Better gfx & performance)

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
notes:

INTERIORS.CR CONTAINS THE PITCH TEXTURES INCLUSIVE OF THE NETS
to change the pitches in singleplayer at least you need to change the dry/normal/grassy pitches that are found in the DayLight

folder. the similar folders in the main interiors directory are for floodlit games; ostensibly the lighting is different for the latter, but i have found that you can use the same textures for day and night and they both look fine.

pm.jpg is the main pitch
pr.jpg is the left practice pitch
pl.jpg is the right practice pitch (that seems backwards but that was the way it appeared)
a.jpg is the main grass
g.jpg is the grass between the pitch and the left practice pitch
f.jpg is the grass between the pitch and the right practice pitch

b.jpg, i don't know
i don't know what e.jpg is but it is the biggest so perhaps it contains high-res information for the on-field ads?

do the pitches deteriorate at all? perhaps it has transparent cracks that are overlaid on the pitch. i haven't seen a pitch get

damaged in any way though. somebody else will have to investigate.

NOW

I have completed my pitch and outfield texture mod for the 3 pitch types. Now they are more distinguished, and I found that

they improved my performance a fair bit.

attachment.php

^ dry, normal, and grassy

UPLOAD COMING SOON.

also, check out my ball and stump mods in the download section

attachment.php

^ don't be put off by the low-res custom pitch in the hawkeye shot; the pitch in that shot was a very old version and the new ones look good unlike that.

Attachments

• screenshot_hawkeye.jpg
    screenshot_hawkeye.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 360
  • screenshot_dry-normal-green.jpg
    screenshot_dry-normal-green.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Looks cool at first look but if you observe it carefully towards the sides, you can see change of color and light/dark combination that looks a bit awkward. They need to be uniform to avoid the patchy look. Can this be fixed?

Nevertheless a brilliant effort for display!!

it can be fixed, the textures are contiguous but there are some problems with orientation and resolution- i think that is why pl and pr are named as they are; pl for pitch left and pr for pitch right (with pm for pitch main or middle). obviously the left pitch refers to the right pitch from the bowlers view, ergo i have some textures upside down. that's probably why they're roughly the right colour but shadowed or tinted slightly off.

anyway it's about 25mb and my internet is really slow atm, but when i upload youll be able to see and figure it out and make new stuff anyway =D

Users who are viewing this thread