How to edit the Outfield pace?

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of the patch makers here can tell me how to edit the pace of the outfields?

Could you provide me with the following:

1. What file do i need to edit to change the pace of the ball as it travels along the outfield so i can score 2's and 3's as a batter?

2. What is a good value for the pace of the outfield to allow a person to score 2's & 3's?

*At the moment i hardly ever get a 2 or 3 it normally goes for either a 1 or a boundary, i have edited every players outfield speed down to 35 to try and get some 2's & 3's but still no change i still only get either a 1 or a boundary???

If anyone can provide me with these answers i would greatly appreciate it.

ok guys i gather no one knows these answers lol :P

c'mon guys someone must know the answers to these questions because there are some brilliant patchmakers out there who have the expertise i am sure.

Originally posted by Boss as part of his excellent AI tutorial in the Cricket 2004 downloads section:
PART:3 - Ball Conditions Parameters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the factors that affect the ball behaviour on various pitches by means of estimating the Hardness(Bounce of the track and field), how the ball travelling across the field, the spin of the ball on the pitch and outfield. These parameters can be found under Prakash Config Editor "Ball Conditions" tab. Let us see!

1.2.3.4.5. Condition 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5:

These are the ball behaviour on Hard, Damp, Dusty, Normal, Green Pitches Respectively!.(These are already defined in each titles!).

6. VelToSpin:

Determines the speed of the ball on the pitch as well as field. Lesser the value, less the speed of the ball and viceversa for the higher values. Basically this value is 0.20. This value have to be untouched, because it tend to spoil the timing of the few shots.

7. SpinToVel:

Same to the above. But works inversely. Lesser the value, Higher the speed of the ball on the pitch as well as field and viceversa for higher values. The default value is 0.15, and this parameter is also have to leave alone to avoid few jerks on the shot play.

8. Hardness:

Determines the bounce of the ball on the pitches as well as the field. Lesser this value, Lesser the bounce and viceversa for the higher values. We can change it accordingly to the pitch type.

Generally the order (for the bounce) is Damp(very low bounce), Dusty(low bounce), Green(medium bounce), Normal(high bounce), and Hard pitches(very high bounce). Increasing this value in this order will provide good results.

9. VelocityReduce:

Determines the ball travelling speed on the outfield. Lesser this value, quicker the ball travel across the outfield and viceversa for the higher values.

We have to adjust (increase gradually) these values in the order of Dusty(Lightning fast outfleld(OF)) , Hard(fast OF), Normal(Medium OF), Green(low speed OF) and Damp(very low speed OF) Pithces.

10. SpinReduce:

Determines the amount of revolutions on the ball. Lesser this value, higher the revolutions on the ball and viceversa for the higher values. The default value 0.010 have to be leave alone is well to avoid un nessassary shot selection jamming.

11. HorizontalBounceMin:

Determines the amount of unpredictable bounce of the ball on the pitch. Lesser this value, lesser unpredictable bounce and viceversa for the higher values. The default value is 0.00. Leaving this value as it is also holds good for the gameplay.

So Remember to change the values of "Hardness" and "VelocityReduce" only to get the desired gameplay rather than other parameters.

Here is the link to the original thread.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9381

Hope this helps.

Hey Dude...though there are a lot of parameters mentioned in Boss's guide,the main paramater for outfied pacing imo, is the velocity reduce.As the name implies,higher the value,lesser the ball velocity.
My patches usually have this value ranging from .095 to .105.You can change it to suit ur requirements.

Last edited:
FishBowlMan said:
Originally posted by Boss as part of his excellent AI tutorial in the Cricket 2004 downloads section:

Here is the link to the original thread.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9381

Hope this helps.
Hi FishBowlMan,

Thankyou very much in steering me in the right direction much appreciated. :clap :hpraise :cheers :D

satish_lastride said:
Hey Dude...though there are a lot of parameters mentioned in Boss's guide,the main paramater for outfied pacing imo, is the velocity reduce.As the name implies,higher the value,lesser the ball velocity.
My patches usually have this value ranging from .095 to .105.You can change it to suit ur requirements.
Hi satish_lastride,

Long time no see mate how you been?

Thanks very much in the values you have provided me with much appreciated mate.

One question will these values let my batter be able to run 2's & 3's?

I agree Satish. Velocity reduce is the best place to start.

The only way I have been able to run 3 has been with Tutsi's roster update where he has reduced the speed of the players. Even without this, you should still be able to run 2.

FishBowlMan said:
I agree Satish. Velocity reduce is the best place to start.

The only way I have been able to run 3 has been with Tutsi's roster update where he has reduced the speed of the players. Even without this, you should still be able to run 2.
Hi FishBowlMan,

I had just finished doing all the players what a time consuming job reducing every players outfield speed down to 35 man did that take a long time.

Does anyone know if 35 is an ok speed to lower it too? or do i go lower? And does anyone know what Tutsi lowered his players outfield speed down too?

thx in advance guys you are all legends. :D :D :hpraise :hpraise

kymsheba said:
Hi FishBowlMan,

I had just finished doing all the players what a time consuming job reducing every players outfield speed down to 35 man did that take a long time.

Does anyone know if 35 is an ok speed to lower it too? or do i go lower? And does anyone know what Tutsi lowered his players outfield speed down too?

thx in advance guys you are all legends. :D :D :hpraise :hpraise

You probably don't want to hear this but it would be very easy to write a small program that reduced every players outfield speed at the click of a button.

barmyarmy said:
You probably don't want to hear this but it would be very easy to write a small program that reduced every players outfield speed at the click of a button.
OH MY GOD!!!!!! BARMYARMY NO DONT TELL ME THINGS LIKE THAT...........................ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :eek: :eek: :crying :crying :help

(going to jump over cliff now....lol) :mad

Barmyarmy any chance you could whip that little program up please, pretty please. because if it turns out i need to go lower then i dont look forward to going through that again lol. :help

If you could do that could you email it to me or even provide it to everyone on this sight. :D :hpraise :hpraise

I asking you to please do it if you have the time as i dont know programming that well very inexperienced in that area.

Short Leg said:
Can anyone tell me which program i should use to edit the outfeild pacing. Cheers
I used Barmyarmy's player editor it is very good. Barmyarmy is a legend (there hope that persuades him to make that little program) otherwise i might just have to shine his boots for the next year.

thx in advance guys you are all legends.

lol , you could have just downloaded my roster update..I did that 2 months ago .

I think i edited:

Slow fielders 30 (Eg. Inzimam)
Normal fielders 35
Good fielders 40 (Eg. collingwood)

Might also add my patch has massively slowed outfields too

kymsheba said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!! BARMYARMY NO DONT TELL ME THINGS LIKE THAT...........................ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. :eek: :eek: :crying :crying :help

(going to jump over cliff now....lol) :mad

Barmyarmy any chance you could whip that little program up please, pretty please. because if it turns out i need to go lower then i dont look forward to going through that again lol. :help

If you could do that could you email it to me or even provide it to everyone on this sight. :D :hpraise :hpraise

I asking you to please do it if you have the time as i dont know programming that well very inexperienced in that area.

I used Barmyarmy's player editor it is very good. Barmyarmy is a legend (there hope that persuades him to make that little program) otherwise i might just have to shine his boots for the next year.

Not this week. I have 2 essays due. Will do it next week though.

Eddie said:
lol , you could have just downloaded my roster update..I did that 2 months ago .

I think i edited:

Slow fielders 30 (Eg. Inzimam)
Normal fielders 35
Good fielders 40 (Eg. collingwood)

Might also add my patch has massively slowed outfields too
DOH!!!

man why didnt i just wait for a week or two to find all this out before just going ahead full bore....dud i am lol :rolleyes:

barmyarmy said:
Not this week. I have 2 essays due. Will do it next week though.
WOOHOO!!!
you are a legend mate and your shoes will be outside your door all shiny and new.

are you going to email me program or put up on website here?

if on websitecan you let me know when you do mate. PM me if you dont have my email address.

thanks again mate. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread