How to play yorkers?

Originally posted by groobz
ahh ok i get it!, i get caught quite a bit playing advance ondrive :(

Groobz, play advance straight drive as Squiz suggest. You wont get a run lest you wont lose a wicket.

Lots of timing involved runs come with patience and timing.

I use to never get a run now I blow them for four, six or at least 1,2.....

Love the Yorker.

OK occasionally I stuff it all together and get bowled.

But hey thats cricket.

yeah i use advance straight drive and can always get a single, but for spinners, they catch me out when i play that shot. :(. If i hit the shot just after the ball has left the hand it doesn't go far enough and just goes to the bowler, if i play the stroke before that, more often than not it will make it down the ground, but alot of the time it will be caught and bowled :(

I think i have got it, just charge down the ground and hit it staright but dont use the power button.

With spinners I just advance and play straight without power. Haven't got out yet.

If you use the power button when u charge on the yorker does it ever go for a six?

YEAH!well it depends where it's placed.on some yorkers you can't use the power button cause you'll get bowled.but you can definetely hit sixes off yorkers.

Hey and can you hit sixes when we charge down the ground, staright for example, in hard mode, my confidence meter was nearly full and i still couldnt do it?? and sometimes this game is so sad, it can be very fun to play at at times but sometimes it is very frustratiing, the computer bowls about 4 yorkers an over, we cant hit sixes or high fours when our confidence meter hasnt started but the computer once hit me a huge six over mid wicket on the second ball of the match.

Well, obviously a yorker is not a yorker if u advance to it and drive! Try and catch it on the full in ODI'S but in a test match, a sturdy "Boycott" block is advisable.
If u r too slow or miss the drive, at least u will watch the stumps crash everywhere...which is nice if ur a bowler!!!

Yeh but i dont miss it, i cant bl9ock the yorker i get bowled, 7 times out of 10, trying to block, i think charging down the ground is A better idea..

Users who are viewing this thread