How to protect yourself from byes?

sangam

International Cricketer
anybody know how to protect yourself fro the byes bug where keeper misses all the slower delivers and ball goes to boundry?

Originally posted by sangam
anybody know how to protect yourself fro the byes bug where keeper misses all the slower delivers and ball goes to boundry?

Accept it as a part of sport (as EA every now and then set new rules), turn a blind eye or make up for it by bowling as many wides which will go for byes when your turn to bowl. There seems to be lot of compromises made to play this game even for an hour. Think about this we can pretty much use only default fields(runout bugs otherwise), default teams (this has to be the worst of all). If we were to only fiddle with default ones then why is there an option in the game at all?

I am wingeing a bit too much today I suppose; well at least I have a place where I can express my views.

You have every right to winge considering the main selling point of c2004 is the features that are all half-broken.

when the CPU is about to bowl a wide, get to the line of the ball and defend it. Also if your cursor is going way wide when you are about to bowl, bowl with as little power as possible as this should prevent some byes.

I don't know if this works but while you're bowling put a few slips in place because I remember in c2002 if you bowled a wide and you had some slips in place, they could prevent byes on any speeded bowl (I think since I haven't experimented).

Try it and see if it works.

Originally posted by squiz
I get byes even though i have like 4 slips and a gully

Interesting...
Every new EA game comes up with more and more bugs...

theres no way to stop it...even slower balls by swing bowlers (ie pressing the button early not allowing the bar to increase) get missed by the keeper...sometimes they dont..its the luck of the draw....just aim to get the slower balls on the stumps...or i guess put in a back stop if ur really desparate :)

i never bothered with a very fine leg to back up the keeper, as i saw the ai do it, and anything with any pace still went for four.

for mine, this is an even bigger bug than the default teams one tbh, as it is a gameplay issue.

yeah when mac gill spins the ball goes to third man and is missed by keeper and all slips :p

One tip, set up a attacking field when bowling with spinners. I'll laugh if the ball is still missed. :p

It doesn't work, even with an attacking field. I bowl pefect deliveries, just missing off stump and the keeper misses the ball and goes for four byes. This happens about 2-4 times each innings for me with the spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread