How's this for a match?

James_W

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I was being West Indies, and was playing Pakistan in the first of a 2 test series. I won the toss and bowled first, as the pitch was (I thought) heavily favouring seamers, and I had 4 of them, so i thoguht I could capitalize.

But I was wrong. Pakistan made 370 ao with Farhat getting a century, and Moin Khan backing him up with 82. Tino Best and Ryan Hinds got 3 wickets each.

My response started very well, but we collapsed for 351 ao, with Chanderpaul so close to a deserved century, and the ever reliable Gayle scored a nice 76. Lara also passed 50 and Ryan Hinds provided some great resistance down the order with 39*.

Then Pakistan hammered us with 372-4 dec. Youhana played brilliant with 147*, Taufeeq Umar got 63, Inzy got pas 50, and the ever annoying Farhat made 43*.

This set us a target of 391 with a day and bit to go. I decided to play for the draw, but after Gayle and Smith got us to 50 overnight, I decided to go for it. When we reached, 105, Smith was dismissed by Mushtaq for 30. Lara and Gayle batted well in tandem, with Gayle passing his century with Lara getting 43 of the 69 partnership before he was dismiised by Kaneria. Gayle followed soon after, and Sarwan followed after a slow 26. This brought Baugh to the crease with Chanderpaul. Chanderpaul fell after a good 52, and Baugh fell soon after for a good 40. This brought Hinds and Barvo to the crease together at the crease, with 69 runs remaining to win and only 4 wickets in hand. These too played brilliantly, playig sublime fours all over the ground. Bravo only got 26*, but was still brilliant. Hinds 57* only came off 41 balls also. I think we need 42 to win from 4 overs, and then 16 to win from the last one, and that was when Hinds exploded. He hit 3 fours and a six in succesion to give us an amazing victory with just 2 balls remaining. It truly was an amazing match.

Yousuf got MOM, which sucked I think, because Hinds made two brilliant knocks and did well with the ball too.

Here are some screenies of my match.

battingcard0ds.th.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT WIN...Has come about a couple times for me and have either drawn or succeeded.

Also, what is a stick cricket screen shot doing there :p

Holy crap, uploaded wrong wrong! Editing now! Cheers mateys.

Edit: Just in case you were wondering, I won the series 1-0 would've been 2 if it wasn't for Waqar Younis and Masood refusing to get out for the last half an hour!

Last edited:
Good game, it always feels good winning the tight ones. Even though you don't have much control over them.

Hey how do i attatch my sav file or screenshots here?

i had a simmilar match tooo like needing 230 to win in the final session ..........
but because of sehwag and gambhir (openers) i won the match with a lot of overs to spare so from then on i always go for the kill (win)....

I've never had a successful chase like that in Tests only in First Class matches so well done. I have never come across a pitch that I wanna bowl first on either. You must be crazy, but good. ;)

Well, all I know is that I won the match in the end and that's all that matters lol.

avk2love said:
i don't give a damh about the pitch conditions
i just go with my regular bowlers
Wow, you're gonna be really easy to beat if this ever gets online.

Users who are viewing this thread