I Now Refuse To Play This Game

To be fair, developers are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. The cricket hardcore want everything and the kitchensink in their cricket sims whereas the average gamer just wants to play a game that approximates cricket ,something that's playable and fun....its video"game", remember?

Next time your in Game or EB ask a couple of people if they know what a wagonwheel, or front foot/back foot shot is, I guarantee you will be met by more than a few blank faces.

It would be interesting to know how many people who brought Virtua Tennis are members of their local tennis club. ;)

The games business is about appealing to the bigger audience in order to sell the most copies of your product and in future build on that product, introducing new features to keep the hardcore and mainstream happy.
Compare the early ISS and Pro_Evo games to the ones we have now (undoubtly THE best sports series on any format, despite what the Fifa/Madden crowd say). Rant over.

Last edited:
CaptainHowdy said:
To be fair, developers are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. The cricket hardcore want everything and the kitchensink in their cricket sims whereas the average gamer just wants to play a game that approximates cricket ,something that's playable and fun....its video"game", remember?

Next time your in Game or EB ask a couple of people if they know what a wagonwheel, or front foot/back foot shot is, I guarantee you will be met by more than a few blank faces.

It would be interesting to know how many people who brought Virtua Tennis are members of their local tennis club. ;)

The games business is about appealing to the bigger audience in order to sell the most copies of your product and in future build on that product, introducing new features to keep the hardcore and mainstream happy.
Compare the early ISS and Pro_Evo games to the ones we have now (undoubtly THE best sports series on any format, despite what the Fifa/Madden crowd say). Rant over.

to make the comaprison to virtua tennis and a cricket game is an argument that lacks any backbone. Cricket is much more complex than tennis which is in reality to people hittng th ball back and forth over an net with a tennsi bal and racquet. I love virtua tennis but whils not belongin to a club i love the sport as i love cricket but i want a realistic game where batsman take easy singles which they dont in BLIc 2005

to make the comaprison to virtua tennis and a cricket game is an argument that lacks any backbone

No, the context in which I am using that comparison has plenty of backbone!
In the eyes of "joepublic", BLIC is more than adequate at realising what they expect a game of cricket to be, same as Virtua Tennis approximates a game of tennis. Your looking at the title with the eyes of someone who is obviously a very keen cricket fan, my argument was that a developers main concern is creating a title that is playable by anyone and does not discriminate against those who wish to play a cricket game but do not have a thorough knowledge of the sport. There will be people buying Cricket2005 or BLIC simply because they are caught up with the Ashes hype and want to play a cricket game on their tv's.
A lot of the negative points that people have with BLIC are fair but they dont make the game anyless playable to a kid who fancies playing around with videogame cricket with his pals.

I used to love playing NHL hockey on my megadrive but I dont claim to follow the sport to the extremes, the fact that it had players wearing iceskates and knocking a puck around was enough for me to enjoy the game

A game as fundamentally complicated as cricket is always going to be compromised to make a flowing, playable game. Anyone who thinks otherwise should have a go at making one :)

You mention the problem with singles, again I point out the leaps Pro Evo made compared to the earlier versions. Sometimes its a case of building a steady base onto which features can be added with future versions. There are not many (if any) sports games that have got it right first time!

BLIC = easy batting , Cric2005 = boring no shots batting , mix the 2 games is the answer as someone said , but not going to happen. my guess is wait for patches.........

Having first come to these forums because of BLIC. I read all about cricket 2005 and many people were very negative about it, Yes it has bugs and I except as this is the first time I have played an EA cricket game so to me the bugs are all new but I dont find them to be to annoying as It happens against the cpu team aswell.

But any way back to my point I have awaited the arrival of BLIC and then on thursday it arrived. I got home from work @ 6 installed it by 6:30 . 6:45 it was back in the box and on the shelf. After playing Cricket 2005 for a week solidly before I have to admit for a game that feels like you playing cricket I am noe going to have to side towards EA. I will give BLIC another go at some point but I just cant get into it.

yeah maybe you gotta stick nails up their a sses of the developers

looks like the boy inyour avatar has been subjected to it. :p

ofcourse ! both games has up and downs ,,still many people are more satisfied by playing EA not BLIC ,,Hats off to EA they done Good Job

Users who are viewing this thread