Playing role Bowler
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Left-arm fast-medium

Career statistics
Test debut :New Zealand v West Indies at Auckland, Mar 9-13, 2006
Last Test:West Indies v India at Gros Islet, Jun 10-14, 2006

ODI debut West Indies v England at Gros Islet, May 1, 2004
Last ODI West Indies v South Africa at St George's, Apr 10, 2007

Ian Bradshaw has the demeanour and posture of a man well beyond his years, although he is not exactly a youngster. It is not surprising when one considers the responsibility he has carried, as captain of the regionally dominant Barbados team since 2000 - and he was West Indies' Under-19 skipper as well before that. He projects a calm and composed fa?ade, reflecting his disciplined approach to the game, a refreshingly diligent work ethic, and a highly developed cricket brain. He's from the Jimmy Adams mould, seeing consistency as the cornerstone of good performance, and his nippy left-arm bowling provides the kind of ballast needed to anchor the West Indian team. Indeed, after a rich haul of wickets in his initial games, Bradshaw went mostly wicketless in English conditions suited to his style of bowling in 2004, but played a vital role by stifling runs, which gave the other bowlers a chance to express themselves on the field. However, his greatest moment came with the bat when, along with Courtney Browne, he scripted an spine-tingling come-from-behind victory in the final of the Champions Trophy 2004 in England.
66024.jpg

66025.jpg

The good times continued to roll. He averaged a parsimonious 21.45 in the 2006 season in eight games against India and Zimbabwe. The average tipped over 30 in the 2006-07 season, where he picked up 18 wickets in 16 matches, but the competition included Australia, Pakistan and South Africa apart from India.

I believe he is still out there.The Windies had plenty of fast bowlers who came and went away quickly.

Bradshaw was hard done. He should have gotten a lot more games, especially in tests. He fell out with the board I believe, something to do with the West Indies Players Association.

I am personal Happy Bradshaw retire. He still plays local Cricket here in Barbados.

HE made his Debut to late. and mainly a good player like him was left out in All his home town (barbados) games in the worldcup 2007

Bradshaw debut late, and as is the case with many other players it is a question of space in any 11, for me personally I never saw him as a test bowler, he did have some good off cutters and moved the ball some what, but never to the danger that was needed, or effectiveness of a say Vaas, (then again such quaility comes with playing time), but when he did come about in the WI team, it was to compete for a spot with: Edwards, Collins, Collymore (all from the same Island), Taylor, and he just did not have the capacity to be played as an all rounder, Bravo had that spot, and his feilding was poor, so to be honest, he just was not test material. ODI he was better suited for, but again, one of our (WI) weaknesses was fielding and again, he could do it with the ball, but not the bat or ball, he did play a very important role in England when we won the the CT in 2004 batting in dusk with fellow countryman Browne, but again he had to compete with the likes of Ricardo Powell (the 6 hitting machine), Dwayne Smith, and the likes, so when one take things in retrospect, as it relates to him, I believe it was just the whole question of "time and space".
He had his moments and he did us proud, and we as West Indians and fans appreciated those moments :hpraise.

Users who are viewing this thread