IC10 Play-test/review items for June 4

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Created this thread so that we (PC members) can provide a consolidated list of items/features we would like PC play-test team to test and review. I understand that it may not be possible for the team to test everything out or they may not even get opportunity to do so because of time & resource constraints but this thread will give a fair idea as to what to look for when they go for the session.

From my side these are the items I would like to get more information on and which should not take a lot of time to review...

1. Line and length - Has line & length in IC10 been rectified? In AC09 good line & length was a half-volley or a full pitched delivery on or outside off. Hopefully now good length is closer to 3/4th length of the pitch.

2. AI run out - Do the AI batsmen get run-out as often as they did in AC09? I hope not as this bug totally ruined the offline gameplay for most of us.

3. Edges - Do more edges carry to keeper and slips in IC10? In AC09 most of the edges fell short of keeper or slips which was a little disappointing.

4. AI batting in tests - As soon as first couple of wickets fell, AI batsmen used to go bonkers in AC09 and tried to slog every ball. I hope now AI batting in tests is more realistic and AI middle order doesn't go crazy.

5. Spinners - In AC09 spinners were pretty much useless. Has this changed in IC10? Do AI batsmen still go after spinners or are spinners harder to hit in IC10?

6. Bowling cursor - Can you move the bowling cursor at speed from end to end (off to leg or vice-versa) at the last moment or is the cursor movement slightly slower and gives batsmen enough time to adjust?

7. Boundary hitting - Is hitting a 4 or 6 as easy in IC10 as it was in AC09?

8. Action Cam - New feature and would love to know more about it from batting and bowling perspective.

9. Power stick - Again a new feature and any info on the same would be appreciated.

10. Bowling marker or HUD off gameplay - Very interested to know whether this mode is of any use. Based on AC09's timing mechanism you need to play a shot as soon as bowler lets the ball go so the batsman will not have enough time to judge line & length and play a shot. Thus, unless the timing mechanism in IC10 is tweaked a bit (batsman to play a shot when the ball hits the pitch and not when bowler lets the ball go), it seems the only way to time the shot is to play a pre-determined shot which is not what cricket is all about.

Would really appreciate it if someone can review or play-test the same.

Last edited:

mrman80

Club Cricketer
I had 2 questions, one of which is mentioned above:

1. last minute cursor movement possible or did they slow down the cursor movement to allow batsmen enough time to adjust

2. ACTION cam feature is it available in two player offline mode

Brook

Club Captain
Created this thread so that we (PC members) can provide a consolidated list of items/features we would like PC play-test team to test and review. I understand that it may not be possible for the team to test everything out or they may not even get opportunity to do so because of time & resource constraints but this thread will give a fair idea as to what to look for when they go for the session.

From my side these are the items I would like to get more information on and which should not take a lot of time to review...

1. Line and length - Has line & length in IC10 been rectified? In AC09 good line & length was a half-volley or a full pitched delivery on or outside off. Hopefully now good length is closer to 3/4th length of the pitch.

2. AI run out - Do the AI batsmen get run-out as often as they did in AC09? I hope not as this bug totally ruined the offline gameplay for most of us.

3. Edges - Do more edges carry to keeper and slips in IC10? In AC09 most of the edges fell short of keeper or slips which was a little disappointing.

4. AI batting in tests - As soon as first couple of wickets fell, AI batsmen used to go bonkers in AC09 and tried to slog every ball. I hope now AI batting in tests is more realistic and AI middle order doesn't go crazy.

5. Spinners - In AC09 spinners were pretty much useless. Has this changed in IC10? Do AI batsmen still go after spinners or are spinners harder to hit in IC10?

6. Bowling cursor - Can you move the bowling cursor at speed from end to end (off to leg or vice-versa) at the last moment or is the cursor movement slightly slower and gives batsmen enough time to adjust?

7. Boundary hitting - Is hitting a 4 or 6 as easy in IC10 as it was in AC09?

8. Action Cam - New feature and would love to know more about it from batting and bowling perspective.

9. Power stick - Again a new feature and any info on the same would be appreciated.

Would really appreciate it if someone can review or play-test the same.

A lot of these were solved by the patch.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I'd like to see the AI pacing issue checked out.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
A lot of these were solved by the patch.

Patch for PC version of the game and a new game for consoles are different things altogether I am afraid. But yeah it would be great to get a finished game for a change.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
Patch for PC version of the game and a new game for consoles are different things altogether I am afraid. But yeah it would be great to get a finished game for a change.

Didn't they say somewhere that patched version of AC 2009 was the base of IC 2010 so I believe that most of the stuff fixed in patched AC 2009 should be fixed in IC 2010.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Didn't they say somewhere that patched version of AC 2009 was the base of IC 2010 so I believe that most of the stuff fixed in patched AC 2009 should be fixed in IC 2010.

There was no patch for consoles so I am not sure what the code-base was for PS3 and XBox 360.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
They have already said in the interviews that the patched version was the base for IC10.

That's what they said but it still needs to be confirmed. Didn't they say before AC09's release that AI is outstanding and fans will experience realistic gameplay? Did we get the same?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No they aren't. The exact same game is made for all platforms, the patch was made for all platforms. It was about two weeks away from release, and there was a member of PC who played the patched console version.

The patched game is certainly the basis, how they went about fixing some of the flow on effects of the patch, and what they have added is the issue, but except for feature regressions, if a problem was fixed by the PC patch, it will be fixed in IC2010

sibis

School Cricketer
1.New Animations
2.Tournament Editor and what features does the other game mode have.
3.Stadiums and teams.
4.Any changes in Create a player mode.
5.Overall gameplay and AI.
6.Commentry(esp. by David!)

These are some things that i would probably suggest.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
PC Testing??? The game isn't being released for PC or am i missing something?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread