ICC 09 and Windows 7

dazzazzad22

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone managed to get the game working in W7 64? I've tried to run as admin and in various compatibility modes, but I just get an unresponsive black window. Childish say they they don't support beta operating systems but that the next ICC will support W7.

Maybe it will run with the fill version of W7 but you might find that a lot of you who switch to W7 might struggle unless Childish release some kind of update.

This is the first game that I've been unable to get running under W7.

Well, I got a mate to run it on his Windows 7 RC. No problems whatsoever. It might be the fact it's a 64-bit system, could be a whole number of other things though. He said it ran "out of the box", didn't need to run it in compatibility mode.

Definitely tried it first without admin and any compatibility options on. Perhaps it just happened to be my version of the RC build.

dazzazzad22 added 11 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Actually, I tried it again with all the extras off and it has a different problem to when I try the compatibility modes.

With those I just get a minimized window opening that's black and says ICC at the top. Nothing happens. I then open taskbar and can close it down.

Trying it "out the box" starts up a minimized window WITH the opening ICC title graphic. But seconds later it maximizes to a black full screen. What's really annoying is no commands get me back to the desktop to close the program to try again. So I have to manually reboot.

Anyone know a way to get it to run minimized and stay that way?

As far as I know, the opening graphic always initially opens in a minimised window, then opens to a full window.

Interesting that it forces your comp in to some kind of sleep/unresponsive mode. What are your system specs?

Quad core, 4 gigs ram, HD4870...in other words, specs shouldn't be a problem.

No, but we have had problems with some high end cards that run on DirectX10.

Ah. Anything like that though? I've had a couple games do similar things with W7 but eventually found a compatibility setting that worked.

Hmm. No, the high end cards/DX10 seem to be related to Anti-Aliasing/windows flicking. Try running your monitor at 1024x768 (which is the native resolution of the full screen).

Yup, that works. Nice one.

Only problem is it looks terrible on my monitor as the native resolution is 1920x1200. If only I could force it to open in a 1024x768 window. Hmmm.

Try windowed mode. :) I can't wait to get Windows 7 myself, heard lots of good things about it.

You mean untick "full screen"? Tried that but it was still taking up all of the screen only the taskbar at the bottom was now visible. When switching the desktop resolution up the window stayed that size but the graphics become REALLY messy.

W7 is great. Really happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread