ICC 2005 Ashes Version Announced

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kolpak ruling allows players from countries with a trading agreement with an EU country to play as non-overseas players, so long as they retire from international cricket in their home countries.

It basically applies to players from South Africa, Zimbabwe and a couple of the countries that make up the West Indies.

van Jaarsveld is playing under that rule, so he is not an overseas player.

Geraint Jones

School Cricketer
Yeah, I cannot wait for this game, updated database, more overseas players allowed, and I can't wait!

squiz

International Coach
So anyone who has quit International Cricket can play for an English county as a non-overseas player?

Geraint Jones

School Cricketer
No, I didn't mean to say that mate LOL, I am getting a bit carried away with this new game.

G

Gilchrist

I doubt it, although I hope so, it could be but I am not that sure.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
squiz said:
I didn't say you did, it was a question!
The answer is no then.

The following qualify as non-overseas players:

1. Anyone from England (Obviously)
2. Anyone from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
3. Anyone not covered by the above who has a British passport
4. Anyone who has fulfiled the ICCs residential qualifications wether or not they have a British passport
5. Anyone with an EU passport
6. Anyone from a country with an associate agreement with the EU. This applies to South Africa, Zimbabwe and a few countries in the West Indies. It would also apply to several non-test countries.

Criteria 3, 5 and 6 are then subject to the additional criteria of retiring from international cricket in their own country. This does not apply to those who are eligible to play for an EU country (eg. Ryan ten Deschoate of Essex)

Examples of the above would be:

3. Andy Flower
4. Stuart Law/Ed Joyce
5. Sean Ervine/Nic Pothas/Several others
6. Martin van Jaarsveld/Grant Flower/HD Ackerman/Several others

So as Andy Symonds is from England, if he retired from international cricket for Australia, he would be instantly eligible to play as a non-overseas player, but he would have to wait 4 years before he could play for England.

squiz

International Coach
Would Ed Joyce be classified as option 2 as well? And Nic Pothas is he under the Kolpak thing as well?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
squiz said:
Would Ed Joyce be classified as option 2 as well? And Nic Pothas is he under the Kolpak thing as well?
Ed Joyce would not be under option 2 as he is not from Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Nic Pothas has an EU passport so does not need to come under the Kolpak ruling.

joem87

Club Cricketer
Has Joyce qualified to play for England yet? He was playing for Ireland this week.

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
You dont need to pre-order it. Just go to www.cricinfo.com then click the download the demo from there...then it gives u an option to buy the whole game now. Its included in the demo but just needs unlocking.

Users who are viewing this thread