ICC Ashes Edition 2006

Maybe people who don't have ICC 2006 and are interested in the Ashes will buy it. :)

And it's out of date already; Read is playing. :p

Yes, I will likely buy ICC 2007 with the new graphics it promises to actually be different than a roster update.

ICC 2002-this one are mere roster updates.

There is a small change in the players' ability. For example, on this game, Dalrymple and Collingwood are all-rounders which they aren't on the normal 2006 version. And also, Monty is a better bowler.

Just seeing those screenshots reminds me of what has really annoyed me in the last couple of versions. For England, the AI always puts Pietersen at 3 and one of Strauss or Trecothick at 5, it's just grossly unrealistic. I'm looking forward to the next one though, having the WC as a playable scenario is always good.

GrayNicolls said:
There is a small change in the players' ability. For example, on this game, Dalrymple and Collingwood are all-rounders which they aren't on the normal 2006 version. And also, Monty is a better bowler.
Collingwood was an all-rounder in 2006, not Dalrymple though

And how do you know that Monty is a better player? He is pretty good in the game after a few years anyway.

Excited to see a new picture of the MCG, it looks quite good in that aspect, but remember, we don't know much about the changes just yet. Maybe they will have fixed the MCG and SCG bug where they are only used in 5 test series.

Last edited:
When do both Ashes Edition and 2007 get released down-under?

any particular reason or they just wanted to annoy us.

Users who are viewing this thread