Story ICC Battle For Supremacy - Its Fifty-Fifty! | PAK v ENG | ENG Innings

With 7 wickets down, looks like South Africa are going on to win this match. Sri Lanka need 168 runs from their last 3 batsman.. and frankly, i don't even think they'd make 28.

Great update though, loving your work my friend. Keep it up.

That's what you call a united bowling attack and a lacklustre batting attack.
South Africa should now look to finish them up quickly, so that it boosts their NRR.

Yeah 7 down, and looks to be their might lose this game by a huge margin and I think Africans can pick the bonus points while Lankans has to do somethings to get their momentum back.

starcricket80x80gs2.jpg

ICC Battle For Supremacy
Sri Lanka v South Africa
Match Two, Colombo

Rain Ruins the Day

With things looking the worst they could ever be for Sri Lanka, the heavens opened up and in a matter of seconds a mild drizzle turned into a full blown rain storm. Before a ball was bowled the umpires decided call it off and the covers were brought onto the field. Even though the forecast mentioned sunny skies, the weather patterns around Sri Lanka change pretty quick and the rain doesn?t look like it will be stopping anytime soon.

rainyday.jpg

userd.png
: This rain is either a god sent or a nuisance depends which way you see it. From Sri Lanka?s point of view they would rather get off the field and end their misery but from South Africa?s point of view they would?ve wanted to stay out there and bowl out Sri Lanka for the lowest score possible to boost their net run-rate. Of course even with the Duckworth-Lewis coming into action Sri Lanka have no chance of winning so both ways Sri Lanka would still lose.

053083_player.jpg
: Oh look, I think that there?s always a chance that Sri Lanka could?ve pulled this off, we only have to go back a few months where Mathews and Malinga pulled off that amazing run chase against the Australians so there was always a chance however minute.

srvr.jpg

userd.png
: Here?s what we are experiencing at the moment as the satellite image confirms a heavy rain storm over Colombo, courtesy of NASA. However the locals don?t need fancy satellite images to know when the rain hits like this it?s time to go home. The stadium is virtually empty already.

053083_player.jpg
: Usually the fans are very supportive of their home team but they?ve seen enough and called it a day. They will be hoping that their side can improve immensely for their next game against Bangladesh.

userd.png
: At this point if no further play occurs than under the Duckworth-Lewis system Sri Lanka would need to be at 218 runs for the loss of seven wickets so therefore South Africa would win by 59 runs. We?ll take a short break and hopefully be back with good news on the other side.

it's photoshop ofcourse, it doesn't rain in ashes 09, btw how realistic is it, i'm trying to improve my photoshop skills.

Looks good, I like the fact you did it on a match pic. I've seen people just post a pic showing rain. This is something new.

Nice photoshop skills there, Riz. Keep up the good work.

Haha, that rain looks awesome :clap and the look on the batsmans face makes the picture for me.

Are you gonna use d/l method?

Last edited:
starcricket80x80gs2.jpg
ICC Battle for Supremacy
Sri Lanka v South Africa
Match Two, Colombo

Starcopy.jpg

userd.png
: Unfortunately the game has been called off as its still raining here at the R Premadasa at Colombo. So by virtue of the D/L method South Africa win the match by 59 runs. I have Marvin & Flem here with me, so guys what went wrong with Sri Lanka today?

053083_player.jpg
: Well, we have to go back to the South African innings to find out. Never have I seen Mahela bowl so many overs and add to that he bought the team spirit down with his erratic bowling.

80392193.png
: Yeah youre right there Marvin, South Africa shouldve never reached a score like that when their top 4 hadnt performed. All they had to do was hold onto their chances and Sri Lanka wouldve bowled out South Africa for a score of around 220 rather than 270.

userd.png
: Many things went wrong for Sri Lanka today but equally many things went right for South Africa! Half chances were taken with ease; those 50/50 umpiring decisions went their way, and of course the bowling was much more disciplined than their opponents.

80392193.png
: That all comes down to hard work, I saw how hard they were training before play today and most of the South African players were into it and focused for the job ahead.

userd.png
: Thanks for your thoughts, and as usual lets get down to Ravi for the post match presentation, which is being held in the conference room today surprisingly!

shastri.png
: Mate Im not sure if youve noticed but its raining cats & dogs out there. Anyway today I have the legendary Aravinda de Silva here with me to present the Man of the Match award but before that Id like to call up Kumar Sangakkara. So Kumar a humiliating defeat, where to now for your boys?

kumar-sangakkara2.jpg
: Well I guess its back to the nets for us; well be working hard to improve ourselves for our next game.

shastri.png
: Have your men fully recovered from the recent whitewash handed to you by the West Indies? I mean Mahela bowled 10 overs what was that all about?

kumar-sangakkara2.jpg
: Im not sure if we have to be honest, especially after the efforts of the batting side of things. Well Mendis had suffered an injury before play and was reluctant to bowl in the game so we thought that Mahela would be a good option of course it didnt work out that way in the end.

shastri.png
: Thanks Kumar, I hope that Sri Lanka can put up a better show against Bangladesh in their next clash. Okay, now Id like to call upon the winning captain Graeme Smith! So Graeme... party tonight?

gsmith.jpg
: Ha-Ha no, our campaign has just begun. We cant afford to veer of the tracks now. Well be back in the nets tomorrow preparing for our next game against Australia I think it is.

shastri.png
: Youre right there and that enthrals to be a exciting match, anyway that win makes sure your sides NRR gets a healthy boost. Do you think about that or is it just to go out there and win?

gsmith.jpg
: Yes we do, as we all know NRR is crucial in terms of your team placing, especially in our situation. Not so important in our situation; no disrespect to Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

shastri.png
: Thanks Graeme, could you send down JP please, the man who saved South Africa with an aggressive 84 of 89 balls... JP Duminy is the man of the match today, Aravinda if you would do the honours. So JP how were the nerves when your side were 101/3 after just 20 odd overs?

104467_1.jpg
: They were shaky to say the least Ravi! Our first match of the World Cup and we couldnt afford to lose, luck was on our side today must be said.

shastri.png
: I saw that almost 95% of your runs came through behind square was this pre-meditated or was it just too many loose balls?

104467_1.jpg
: I would say a bit of both, the offside field was virtually impregnable which meant there were gaps to exploit on the other side and it worked out well today.

shastri.png
: Thanks JP and you enjoy your award, that about concludes todays post match presentation, back to you guys up in the box.

userd.png
: Thanks Ravi, now well just wrap up the second innings with the wickets that fell in quick succession.

80392193.png
: Dilshan and Samaraweera were a bit unlucky but otherwise the other batsmen basically got themselves out playing down the wrong line or getting frustrated and lobbing the ball to the fielder. The Mathews run-out was the most disappointing for me, Sri Lanka still had a great chance of winning the game as long as he was still at the crease and if the rain hadnt come.

userd.png
: Here is the final scorecard of the second innings and the match summary both dominated by the South Africans.

2nd-Innings--Match-Summary.gif

userd.png
: Well thats all the action we have for you from the R.Premadasa Stadium in Colombo and as usual we leave you with a highlights package of JP Duminy the Master Blaster of the Day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, excellent writing there riz, perfect. Love the song too! :p (Queen!)

Users who are viewing this thread