ICC Suspends USA Cricket Project

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
nightprowler10 said:
Just discovered this part of the forum. :p I wanted give you guys some input about the state of cricket in USA.

There are cricket leagues all over the country. One of the biggest one, Midwest Cricket Conference (MCC), operates out of a town that is not far away from me. I am in regular contact with the President of the league, Tariq Ahmed, as I am interested in joining the league. According to him, people (not just Indians and Pakistanis) are just starting to take serious interest in the game of cricket and sending their kids to training academies set-up by this league. As of right now, one has to pay to play, upto 200 USD!!! This is so the league can afford to operate. Of course for me its a small price to pay seeing as how I have been deprived of cricket for more than 7 years. :crying

As much awareness of cricket is being spread out through the country due to pro-cricket (sarcasm), ICC's program was helping make the sport more popular here and terminating the program will put a big dent in these efforts. I just hope the ICC takes some steps to make cricket one of the regular high school gym activites here (yes I know, but I can dream dammit).

The biggest league in usa is norther cricket Alliance(ncca)Which is located in northern california,I am one of The players playing for one team That is taking part for this season which just has recently been started,Where do you live nightprowler?If you are any where in california near hayward or fremont I can get you contacted with a team that can pick you as a player if you are a good one,where do you live and how old are you.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
fardin said:
The biggest league in usa is norther cricket Alliance(ncca)Which is located in northern california,I am one of The players playing for one team That is taking part for this season which just has recently been started,Where do you live nightprowler?If you are any where in california near hayward or fremont I can get you contacted with a team that can pick you as a player if you are a good one,where do you live and how old are you.
I don't live anywhere close to you buddy. I am located near Chicago. I am not in very good shape right now as I haven't played cricket in years and the President of the league knows that. Infact, he wants me to practice with a team this year and get in good shape for the next season, and I agree with him.

Users who are viewing this thread