Ideas

Don't forget that pointless three match Natwest Challange thing we had in 205 as well Lee.

Legspinner, not really. Your thinking it from the England side, BUT overlook the whole situation, how do you expect Bangladesh to improve IF they dont play the best? In tri-angular, thropheys and cups? It'd be like Scotland and Ireland before they gained ODI allowences for qualifying to the WC. Like USA is at the moment, the most exciting game of the year for USA is against Canada

Bangladesh can play the best, but not 3 tests in 3 weeks, when Bangladesh toured England in the tests, they were abysmal, yes they will improve, but at the time, they were abysmal, it's brutal, but it's true, in ODI cricket, they are fine.
Now, I think they should go back, have a few 4 day games against Kenya, Holland, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, go Intercontinental for a while but instead have friendly games.
Maybe England/Pakistan/Australia A aswell.

Bangladesh should give their players the chance to win a long game, and then they might come back as winners.

Last edited:
Do you guys really think us Aussies should have 20 tests next season?

It's going to burn out so many players. It's brilliant for supporters, but it may make the selectors think about resting players during next year. What are your thoughts?

Australia have enough rest, they haven't played since April.
Northern Hemisphere team are the ones who are burnt to a crisp.
England have no 6 month break, so until that's changed to be fair to everyone, Australia are going to have to play a million games a minute in the summer.
I reckon the Australia itinery should be spread out a bit to stop burnt out.

Australia have enough rest, they haven't played since April.
Northern Hemisphere team are the ones who are burnt to a crisp.
England have no 6 month break, so until that's changed to be fair to everyone, Australia are going to have to play a million games a minute in the summer.
I reckon the Australia itinery should be spread out a bit to stop burnt out.

And I'm dying because we haven't played for so long!

And I get to watch England play every 3 days!
I'm pretty happy about it the way it is in terms of entertainment, Australia fans may disagree!

Very, if it means we can sort out the ODI rubbish, then yep.
Not every 3 times agianst the same team, that's quite annoying.

I'd love watching the Aussies playing every 3 days. Just don't know how the players would feel fitness and mental wise.

In 2005, we played two Tests against Bangladesh, then we had a tri-series with them and Australia, then we played the Ashes.

That's what I said, we played the ODIs back to back and finished the tests in September.

The only reason the toues last so long is because of the gap in between the ODI's they play 7 ODI's in 21 days. They could Easily cut it down but play 2 then a 2 day break, 2 then a 2 day break, 2 then a 2 day break and the last one and hey comprendo it over inside 2 weeks or just play less One day's

They have it perfectly planned out imo, 2 day breaks work best if you do a 7 match series. ODIs on consecutive days suck, the 2nd one is always worse.

One thing I would like to see returned is the Natwest tri-series whereby we'd play both touring teams in a VB series type tournament with one showpiece final at Lords. That way we avoid playing two seperate blocks of ODI's.

When was the last time England played a tri-series outside of England or Australia ?

Users who are viewing this thread