Improvement / Wishlist Thread

Gurjot95

National Board President
As we all know developers are making patch so you write what you want to see in patch or what should be improve.

I dont have game so I can't tell it but fast bowler running should be improved.

Here's some ideas for improvements:
1. Have a replay when a decision is sent to third umpire, it takes away from the tense nature of the situation not having one
2. Get rid of the constantly moving bowling marker, it makes it impossible to bowl where you want to, especially when there's high lag.
3. Make it easier for people to host, I've gone through and done the whole "port-forwrading" thing, I've disabled my firewall, I've tried it with the firewall on and exceptions added for the ports needed. Still nothing.
4. Please try and rectify the insane lag when playing against someone not within 10kms of your house.
5. There's an occasional glitch when the camera get stuck in the grandstand, and doesn't move until after the next ball is bowled.
6. Make it so you can see your game history against people in-game (so you can see which people are around your skill level, which you've had close games with in the past). Additionally, make the leaderboards accessible in-game.
7. Perhaps have a manual somewhere outlining all the shots available and the combinations of buttons needed to play them

8. Perhaps most importantly, please market the game some more, there are just too few people online/registered. The most I've seen so far is 8, and I've been on for most of the last 4-5 days.

1. Make online play such that you dont need to mess around with router configurations to host
2. Close in fielders need to get direct hits less often. Right now its less risky to go for a six than to take a single
3. The fielders at short cover and short mid wicket are too effective. A perfectly timed shot placed to the side and they are able to dive and stop the shot. Thats a bit unrealistic.
4. On a similar note, close in fielders take ages to get rid of the ball. Some singles are certain run outs but the fielder takes ages to pick up and release the ball.
5. That camera bug that grazza mentioned in point 5 above happens to me too once in a while
6. I second the idea to show the leaderboards online. Maybe some info like best players and latest game score etc can be shown in the main menu are itself as people will see it and become more inclined to come online.
7. Reduce the amount that the batsman is able to move around. Also sometimes a ball is too wide but not called a wide.

I like the constantly moving bowling marker. I think its good that you are not always able to bowl exactly where you want.

I like the constantly moving bowling marker. I think its good that you are not always able to bowl exactly where you want.

Exactly. Let the game be a bit difficult. It's just that we guys are well fed by some dollys from EA and Codies.

I think the first patch will just be concentrated on

- Reduced difficulty in easy mode.
- Removed ping requirement for hosting games.
- Bug fixes: space bar getting stuck, cursor disappearing, timeout bugs, RevOnline channel and lobby fixes, RevOnline stuck states.

source: Cricket Revolution

The biggest prob with this game other than the horrible lag online is the unrealistic fielding. Close in fielders are just way too good and stop balls better than those on the edge of the circle. There is no reason, with one exception, not to have them as close as allowed. Also there should be about 1/3 as many direct hits as there are now. And there are some bugs that break about 1 game out of 10 to 15.

However I think it's more important to promote the game and the best way is probably to make online more accessible in general. Include guides showing people how to host right on the entry page. I think a lot of people bought the game and never could get hosting working so when they did get a game online it was against one of the star players who know how to host and therefore have played a lot of games, and have no lag. They then got crushed and decided the game or online play sucked.

Personally stopped playing this game after a week. Never saw more than 10 people online and was unable to host.

Few matches that I did play were horribly laggy. No reason to waste my time with this nonsense when I have AC09 on ps3.

No 360 batting/catching system, horrible lag/network issues and keyboard only has killed this game for me.

Enjoy my 20 bucks lads, and from the looks of it (only 2000 people registered) you will need it.

Personally stopped playing this game after a week. Never saw more than 10 people online and was unable to host.

Few matches that I did play were horribly laggy. No reason to waste my time with this nonsense when I have AC09 on ps3.

No 360 batting/catching system, horrible lag/network issues and keyboard only has killed this game for me.

Enjoy my 20 bucks lads, and from the looks of it (only 2000 people registered) you will need it.

Agreed. The Client Side Hit Detection is horrible in the game. If they were going with P2P then that should have been the major focus. Its very unrealistic to play shots even before the bowler has released the ball on 250ms+ ping. Even when the ping is less then 100 the invariable lag is difficult to counter especially in a game like cricket where timing is so crucial. That was our major concern in beta as well and it seems that they can't do much
On the bright side the AI has been implemented well. The other day I had 20 over match with AI and I scored 200 batting first. The AI paced its inning so well requiring just 10 runs of the last over. I have never had such an intense match with an AI in any other game. Also, the AI plays good shots and I learn what I should play to certain deliveries just watching the AI. Unless you use the yorker exploit against the AI, its fairly realistic

The first patch was supposed to be awards and acheivements. Maybe it's coming soon.

Haven't got the game yet, but will buy it to play against the AI. I think the current "easy" difficulty should stay, but instead they should add 2 easier levels. So current hard will be very hard, current normal will be hard, current easy will be normal, the new easier one will be easy, and the new easiest one should be very easy.

Would work well, 3 difficulty levels isn't enough IMO.

Just thought of another couple of things:
1. there's an occasional glitch where the buttons stop working, if that could be fixed it'd be fantastic.
2. a button to make the batsman running to the danger end dive would be a welcome addition too, and add to the realism also
3. there's an occasional glitch in fielding positions, where a moved player will still be in the old position and it is impossibly to move that player for a particular batsman/bowler because in the settings they are already in that new position, but on the field they are not.

2 more ideas:
in the chat, maybe give an option to have an "away" status, that way it'll save people trying to start matches with others who have the game open but aren't actually at their computers at that time.

Also, could it be included in the profile of someone ingame, what country they are playing from, so you can know whether it will be worth accepting/making a match request, or whether the lag will be too much.

This one would be fantastic also:
If a batsman charges a fast/medium bowler and misses, let the keeper try to stump him by throwing the stumps down

I rekon that instant relays of boundries would be awesome.:p

1. Better online with less LAG for cross continent play. It can be done in Ashes 09 and plenty of other online games, why not in this one where its geared towards mainly online play? Other than brilliant web stat tracking, the game doesn't seem like its made for online play at all.

2. Replays for 3rd umpire run outs.

3. Constant patches fixing online exploits, in time making the game more and more realistic. In Ashes 09, you can't play with spinners if you want to win, serious flaw in its online mode but this game seems free of non-counterable online exploits so far.

4. Let us EDIT NAMES for Test Nations. I'm so damn tired of playing with fake messed up names. Everybody is and believe it or not this is the factor that makes a lot of casual people turn away from the game (several of my friends gave that excuse when I was bothering them to buy Ashes 09 on PS3).

5. PS3 port? Maybe for CR2!

Other than the game is pretty awesome effort for a first major game from a new studio, a huge step forward for Pakistan game industry. :clap

Users who are viewing this thread