Story India 'A', Pakistan 'A' and Scotland in 'Triple Trouble'

lol bed stopped play :p
but thats a big total good luck
and are they 2 players lockhart and lockyear or is it the same? :confused:

No, its just Lockyear, where did you see Lockhart?

Well, its going to be testing to say the least to match India 'A'

But I am positive Scotland will be up for the challange.

Match Resuming Shortly!

SCOTLAND INNINGS

1-5 OVERS

Scotland Lose WATKINS in the third over when he was caught, after playing a sloppy shot.

Scotland finding it hard to get the boundrys, so are sticking to short singles

SCOTLAND 21/1 (INDIA 'A' 42/1 at same point) Required RR = 5.90

This is really a huge total to chase. I think Scotland needs someone in the top order to stay till the end and hit a big knock for scotland to win but still India A is in strong position right now

SCOTLAND CRASH OUT OF GAME!

Scotland Were Bowled Out By India 'A' After 33 Overs for a Dismal 142 runs.

Scotland were outclassed in every aspect of this game, by the far superior India 'A'

India 'A' on the other hand, looked and played the part of a International Cricket Team.

Top Performers for Scotland were, Haynes on 41 and India's Best Bowler was Yohannan 3-44.

The Next Game Of This Series Will be Pakistan 'A' vs India 'A' @ Dhaka.

Stay Tuned.

Pakistan 'A' Vs India 'A'

India 'A' Chose To Bat First On The Hard Pitch At Dhaka.

1-5 Overs

India 'A' Lose two early wickets in the third over, first Das went for Ten (C. Imran Nazir B. Naved-Ul-Hasan) followed shortly by Kaif in the same over (C. Fazel-E-Akbar B. Naved-Ul-Hasen)

India 'A' 37/2 RR7.40. Chopra 18* - Naved-Ul-Hasen 2-8

5-10 Overs

Naved-Ul-Hasan grabbed his third wicket of the match in the six over, Ghambir, who must have thought he was having de-ja-vue again failed to react to a slow ball, as he did against Scotland and this time the Umpire gave LBW.

Chopra Went in the 7th Over after misplacing a ball from Fazel-E-Akbar and putting a easy catch to Hasan Raza. He scored 26 off 24 balls.

Moin Khain Then Caught Yadav in the 8th over, when he completly mistimed a slower ball from Naved-Ul-Hasan, making him the fourth wicket for the bowler!!

Pakistan 'A' continued with superb bowling in the 9th over, when Ratra gave
Imran Nazir his second catch of the game, from a Fazel-E-Akbar ball.

Naved-Ul-Hasan claimed his FIFTH wicket over the game when he C&B Sarendeep Singh.

After 10 overs India 'A' look like they are in deep water!

India 'A' 81/7 RR 8.1 Bandini 13* - Naved-Ul-Hasan 5-41

10-15 Overs

Bandani Falls for LBW from Fazel-E-Akbar in the second ball of the 11th Over
India are really in trouble now!! Pakistan 'A' could cause a very big embarresment to the team, and look to be cruising to the Series Championship - and this is even before they have batted!!

Pathan walks on the next ball (Fazel-E-Akbar 4th Wicket) after a AWSOME Catch from Imran Nazir (his third catch)

HAT TRICK for Fazel-E-Akbar, Salvi mistimed his ball and it hit the middle stump.

India 'A' have scored possibly one of thier worst scores ever and on the otehr hand Pakistan 'A' two opening bowlers did a great job, both taking 5 wickets!

India 'A' 85 All out Chopra 26

Pakistan Bowling - Fazel-E-Akbar 5-43, Naved-Ul-Hasan, 5-41

Last edited:
Great win there for India but a dissapointing and heart-breaking loss for Scotland. I hope they perform better in next games.

Pakistan 'A' Reply

1-5 Overs

The Pakistan 'A' Batters came out knowing they only require a run rate of 1.69 to win this match, so they didnt take any risk's playing nice singles, untill Imran Nazir decided to attempt a 'Glory Shot' and missed it!

Pakistan 'A' 16/1 - Yohannan 1-7

5-10 Overs

Two silly run outs occur in this period, first Raza went followed shortly in the 9th over by Farhat.

Pakistan 'A' 24/3

10-15 Overs

Kamal and Bin Nasir settle the Pakistan 'A' Team and start knocking runs over the park

Pakistan 'A' 53/2

15-20 Overs

Kamal and Bin Nasir, still in and causing India 'A' Bowlers all kinds of problems, they pass the 50 Runs Partnership!

Pakistan 'A' 74/2

20-25 Overs

Kamal and Bin Nasir were in touching distance of the win, when Bin Nasir was Caught by Kaif after a sweet deleivery from Yohannan (second wicket of the match)

Adil Replaced him.

23rd Over in this Match, the score sits at 81/3 Adil on Strike, Sarendeep Singh Bowling, the crowd know the end is close.

First Ball: The Ball Strikes Adil's Mid Wicket!!! Adil Looks Up to walk - but it was given as a No Ball!!

Second Ball: Ball is delivered almost full lenght, Adil glances away for a single.

Third Ball: Ben Nasir smashes a ball towards Mid On, gets away with a dropped catch and a single.

Fourth Ball: Sarendeep Singh, Bowls agonisinly short, which Adil thinks nothing off - as he launches a ball towards the covers, it drops just before crossing the Boundary!!!

Pakistan 'A' Win the match with 87/3!!

That Win puts Pakistan in full confidence, with their upcoming fixture with Scotland

Last edited:
Thats a shamefull batting from India. This was a disappointing effort from India A after a good win over Scotland. Now Pak A would be thinking of an easy win over Scotland and Scotland will have to take full use of their misconception.

Lets Hope So!!
Scotland Can Acheive around 300 Runs in ODI, so if they can keep Pak A score down, there may be a chance!

I think scotland is not a big threat for both India A and Pak A and it wont even be able to make to finals.

Scotland v Pakistan 'A'

Before the match, Planetcricket.net Reporter Carl Kendrick (BubbsDJ) Caught up with Scottish Captain C.Walters.

CK: (Wheezing) Hey......cough.....hi

CW: Hi Carl, you ok? want a drink or something?

CK: no, im fine...do you mind if i ask you a few questions?

CW: sure, go ahead.

CK: Ok, (cough) you are playing Pakistan 'A' next, but you surely cant be lookign forward to the match, you struggled to get 142 against India 'A' - and Pakistan completley destroyed India.

CW: we look forward to every game of this tour, there would be no point in playing, if we didnt think we could win, to be a good team - which we are - and play at this level of cricket, you need to have belief in your abilitys. we have a good mixture of players, Young and Old, New and Experianced. We can have a laugh and a joke, but as soon as we walk out onto the pitch, we all know our jobs and know what to do - its all down to belief, and as captain i believe my team can do it.

CK: Are there any weaknesses in the Pakistan Team, that you plan to exploit?

CW: there are a few, but i know better then to reveal them here. We have done our homework, i was at the last game along with our head coach Jock Balls, and we have devised our game plan around our findings.

CK: I went and looked at the pitch earlier, its looks pretty dusty, what do you plan to do if you win the toss?

CW: we will be looking to bowl and hope to set our own targets by using our bowlers such as, Biggs, Amin and Higgins.

CK: this being the last game of Triple Trouble, how do you think the tour is going in general?

CW: it is going good, we have already qualified for WC2007, so as it is well known, we are now working towards Test Status, we have Namibia and Kenya in our next One Day Tournament, then ODI against Netherlands and more importantly England.

CK: do you think a game like that (England) can promote Cricket in Scotland?

CW: It is well publicised about the rivaly between Scotland and England, regardless of the sport, so I would hope to see fans of all sports there, when you see England play on TV, you see fans there with not just England Cricket Shirts, But Rugby and Football As well.

CK: ok, i will leave you go thanks for your time and good luck!

CW: Thanks Carl.

Pakistan 'A' to Bat First

1-5 Overs

Scotland have done thier homework, as they reduce the chance of Pakistan Boundaries by using a good field setup.

Pakistan only manage 4 boudaries in the first five overs.

Pakistan 'A' 29/0

6-10 Overs

Lockyear (Square Leg) dropped Imran Nazir in the 6th over, though it was travelling at pace when it reached him.

Lockyear didnt make the same mistake twice though, Nazir was caught in the 7th over! Bowled by Biggs - Pakistan 45/1

Farhat followed in the 8th over, he played a yorker of his legs, which looked to be flying towards the boundry, only for Lockyear to dive in for the Catch! (Second Catch in two balls) 45/2 (B. Higgins)

Its All Lockyear here today, Kamal first ball shot towards him, and just when everyone thought it would be a Hat Trick of catches - the ball is dropped!

Well - I Spoke too soon, Kamal plays exactly the same shot of a Higgins Ball, and Lockyear doesnt let him get away this time! Pakistan 45/3 - What a great couple of overs from Scotland!

Raza then smashed 2 fours off his first two balls, before being trapped for LBW off a Biggs ball

Higgins claimed his 3rd wicket in the tenth over, when Lockyear AGAIN caught another ball (fourth) this time Bin Nasir was the victim - C.Walters (Scottish Captain) must be praised for his homework in this fielding setup!

Pakistan 62/5 after 10 overs

11-15 Overs

Adil Plays a nice boundary on his first shot, but then unbelivably lofts a ball in the air (off a slow Biggs ball) straight to Mid On and the waiting C.Walters!

I don't know what to think? this could be either the poorest batting from Pakistan 'A' or superb Bowling and Fielding from Scotland

Biggs get his 4th wicket with the next ball trapping Khan for a duck (LBW)
Biggs is now on a HAT TRICK

No Hat Trick Came - But Yasir Hameed went in the next over when he was caught by - you guessed it - Lockyear!!

Biggs claimed his 5th wicket when he clean bowled Kaneir for a duck!

Scotland are just one wicket away from a sensestional bowling innings!

THATS IT!!!! Biggins Claims his 6th wicket when he caught and bowled Fazel-E-Akbar, which is just rewards after the umpire incorrectly called a LBW not out a ball before!

Pakistan 'A' look stunned as they finish on 81 All Out - Maybe they took scotland for granted before this game?

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2005-10-19 11-59-51-62.JPG
    Cricket2005 2005-10-19 11-59-51-62.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Cricket2005 2005-10-19 11-59-54-59.JPG
    Cricket2005 2005-10-19 11-59-54-59.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Can Scotland Win Triple Trouble?

Ok after Scotland Managed to Bowl out Pakistan 'A' for 81 - heres how it stands in the competition.

Triple Trouble Rules State:

If Teams Are Level on Points,The Order will be The Team with the most runs (highest run rate) after 10 overs in thier winning game on top.

So this is the best runs (after ten overs) so far:

India 'A' 59
Pakistan 'A' 24
Scotland N/A

So if Scotland beats Pakistans 81 runs AND scores more then 59 in the first 10 overs - SCOTLAND WILL WIN

If Pakistan 'A' Bowl Out Scotland for less then 81 - PAKISTAN 'A' WILL WIN

If Scotland beats Pakistans 81 runs BUT fails to scores more then 59 in the first 10 overs - INDIA 'A' WILL WIN

Who do you think will do it?

Users who are viewing this thread