India Vs Australia 2007/8 Race Row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is Usy, that sometimes the "race card" is overplayed and that leads to frustration and that leads to ignorant chants and views.

true, like for example buring of flags just does pollution and harm to people suffering from asthma, and countries like Pakistan who do burn flags should know their people will be making these after all this.

Yes of course. Many people have converted from Christianity to Muslim. :)

yeah but what if that Christian was Black?

Last edited:
I don't condone racist chanting at all but I'd have to agree with the question about where you draw the line.
Why is calling someone black or Indian racist and discriminatory but not calling someone ginger or fat the same? The line between banter and racism (and homophobia) is very thin and that's something that cricket crowds, including the Barmy Army, need to start waking up to.

*SIGH*

That's not racist. It's not nice by any means, but it's not racism.

I don't condone racist chanting at all but I'd have to agree with the question about where you draw the line?
Why is calling someone black or Indian racist and discriminatory but not calling someone ginger or fat the same? The line between banter and racism (and homophobia) is very thing and that's something that cricket crowds, including the Barmy Army, need to start waking up to.

Well I called someone ginger in front of my teacher colin, and even he laughed.

Also Indians are not "black" they are "south asian".

Also when I was at Pakistan VS Scotland, drunk scots called us "pakis" and the stupid "pakis" who were stupid enough to reply "we are proud to be paki" and i was like you all suck,

Last edited:
Well I called someone ginger in front of my teacher colin, and even he laughed.

Also Indians are not "black" they are "south asian".

Black is illustrating a point rather than describing the exact skin tone of people who live in India.
For the record I'm not ginger but don't think your teacher should have laughed at that.

Also when I was at Pakistan VS Scotland, drunk scots called us "pakis" and the stupid "pakis" who were stupid enough to reply "we are proud to be paki" and i was like you all suck,

Sadly you find racist and ignorant people everywhere. All I can say is that we're trying our best to educate them and I blame the parents...

Black is illustrating a point rather than describing the exact skin tone of people who live in India.
For the record I'm not ginger but don't think your teacher should have laughed at that.

well then why is "ginger beer" very common name for Irn Bru in scotland, while coca cola is not known as "black coke"??

well to sum up it wasn't "racist" but kinda stupid IMO.

and it's Weegie ;).

That's what hapens when it's 35C and you're blind drunk.

The behaviour was good yesterday. No racist stuff. Only the you are a ****** chants and the you're going home in the back of a divvy van chants. :p

Last edited:
You think of becoming friends with Indians, NOT in that case.

Well I happened to be sitting a couple of rows ahead of the guy who started that chant, and security certainly could've heard it.

The Indians retaliated with 'Show us your handcuffs,' so to me it was a bit of banter between fans, there was a bit of scoreboard, sit down etc stuff, but no references to skin colour or religion. Overreaction is my opinion, and I may call up the Sun to say something about it.

Well I happened to be sitting a couple of rows ahead of the guy who started that chant, and security certainly could've heard it.

The Indians retaliated with 'Show us your handcuffs,' so to me it was a bit of banter between fans, there was a bit of scoreboard, sit down etc stuff, but no references to skin colour or religion. Overreaction is my opinion, and I may call up the Sun to say something about it.

Media is to be blamed for all the stuff. Anything which is miniscule will be shown as gigantic.
What happened in India as one off incident was blown to out of propotion by media and then everyone was intrested in who this Symond guy is and why is complaining abt our behaviour towards him.

Media is to be blamed for all the stuff. Anything which is miniscule will be shown as gigantic.
What happened in India as one off incident was blown to out of propotion by media and then everyone was intrested in who this Symond guy is and why is complaining abt our behaviour towards him.
Certainly you can't deny that Indian fans were making money chants though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread