Indian Domestic Cricket

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Classic TN choke in Ranji when it matters the most. Full credit to Mumbai’s lower order, this is the second game in a row in which they’ve bailed out the top order.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Bevab

Staff Member
Looks like TN are having a rather public spat between the coach and captain/players?

Really embarrassing stuff, hope the coach gets sacked.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sai Kishore says he took the decision to bat first based off instinct. Isn't this the exact reason why a coach /backend staff is instituted? To avoid captains taking such arbitrary calls?

is the coach somewhat well known?
Yes, a pretty known name in Mumbai circles. Given the game was being played in Mumbai, his inputs should have been taken into consideration.

This spat reminds me of the Kumble -Kohli one post the ICC CT2017. Kumble has publicly mentioned that he wasn't in favour of India chasing that day.

Bevab

Staff Member
The main issue lies in the coach going public with his criticism in such a direct manner. There’s a tactful way to get your point across without the main character energy and Kulkarni chose to go nuclear instead. It’s unlikely that TN make it to the semis without Sai Kishore’s captaincy in the first place given how many credited him for his leadership.

I don’t know if he’ll stay anyways given that DK has also criticised him.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't see the big fuss around it. Cricketers get criticized left, right and center from all quarters. On this occasion, it has comes from the management and hence the hue and cry. There's no real pushback from Sai Kishore here and I don't think he has been impacted by the words.

To the fans, it might hurt cause TN seemed to be pretty strong until they ran into Mumbai. Also, note the fact that TN has failed to win the Ranji for about 5-6 years now.

Bevab

Staff Member

Rahane’s about to have the most dismal campaign for a former Indian captain if he doesn’t score much in the second innings. We may not see Shreyas anytime soon in the test team again too.

On the other hand it feels like Thakur will be picked for the tour down under due to his batting capability.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Rahane’s about to have the most dismal campaign for a former Indian captain if he doesn’t score much in the second innings. We may not see Shreyas anytime soon in the test team again too.

On the other hand it feels like Thakur will be picked for the tour down under due to his batting capability.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rahane lifts the Ranji!

Mumbai crowd was noisier than Ahmedabad on 19th Novemeber, even when Mumbai wasn't doing so well. Ah well! one of those things that I can never wound my head around.

Users who are viewing this thread