Indian Viewers - STAR CRICKET , will it be as elusive as Neo Sports ?

I saw this channel with a software that can show over 6000 Channels.It's Pretty
neat and good.but,it's still like hue and saturation changed star sports to Sky-Blue.

nah,i thought you got the channel subscribed and watching.so,why you need it anyways?:P....j/k.sry.

Is everyone getting the channel now in Mumbai ?
I have been lucky to have got it since the 2nd tour game.

I have Star Cricket on my Tata sky.
Gotta go call my dad back in the US! Tell him to get it there on DISH!
How in the world are you gonna get Star Cricket in the USA?

As far as the India v England series is concerned, our cable operator changes the channel from Supersport 3 (SA Soccer Channel) to Supersport 7 (Ind v Eng channel)

And he or she does that every day, since they can't aquire Star Cricket which is fine with me

It's currently free-to-air (presumably) but from Aug 1 it's going to be pay.

It's currently free-to-air (presumably) but from Aug 1 it's going to be pay.

I don`t think it is free to air considering the fact that many parts of Mumbai and its suburbs still do not have the channel subscribed.

I don`t think it is free to air considering the fact that many parts of Mumbai and its suburbs still do not have the channel subscribed.

Sorry, what I meant was "currently it's free for those who are subscribed to ESPN/Star."

Actually this lack of information from either the cable operators or the channels is what is really frustrating and annoying, even in places where CAS has been implemented.

Things will never improve for the viewers, it seems. And the transmission quality is quite bad too (compared to ESPN and Star Sports)

Things will never improve for the viewers, it seems. And the transmission quality is quite bad too (compared to ESPN and Star Sports)

Really sorry to say,but the transmission has been excellent by far.
Definately better than Zee,Nimbus and other broadcasters.

Really sorry to say,but the transmission has been excellent by far.
Definately better than Zee,Nimbus and other broadcasters.

I meant signal quality... It's far too jerky and the pictures keep tearing... so much for digital broadcast. I long for the days of analog cable TV. In those days of analog, the pictures were grainy it is true, but at least the signal was continuous.

But I must admit, the commentary team is livened up by Nass, Ian Chappell and David Lloyd - to compensate for the Mr. Harsha "I love cheesy Metaphors" Bhogle, Mr. Sunil "I am a big bore" Gavaskar and Mr. Ravi "obvious" Shastri.

Last edited:
How in the world are you gonna get Star Cricket in the USA?

As far as the India v England series is concerned, our cable operator changes the channel from Supersport 3 (SA Soccer Channel) to Supersport 7 (Ind v Eng channel)

And he or she does that every day, since they can't aquire Star Cricket which is fine with me
what is latest jman do u get star cricket

Well STAR Cricket has been a great channel but a problem for Indians having cable TV seem to be facing problems in receiving it but now as far as I been heard, it is now available with 75% of Cable operators in India as a deal was recently signed between both the parties...

Just noticed today that Star Cricket is finally available on my cable. But the signal quality is poor, I can't even spot the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread