Instructions for making fielding team wear hats/caps

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This involves, again, implementing un-used files in to gameplay, ie "activating" them. A screen shot has been sent to blc-online of my fielding team wearing caps, it should be posted soon, nb: the screenshot is not from the official codemasters site screenshots or any reviews of the game from the media!!.

1. open the whites folder
2. back up your current fielder folder, copy it to your desktop.
3. re-open your current fielder folder, in the whites folder.
4. delete folder Sssh, copy folder SsshCap
5. re-name the copy SsshCap "Sssh"
6. open the new folder Sssh, inside are 2 word pad folders, they should read SsshCap, re-name these 2 files "Sssh"
7. re-start a saved game, your fielders will be wearing caps, so will the bowler, but thats too bad
8. save this new fielder folder.
this makes the fielders wear caps, for sun-hats the procedure is exactly the same , only the file to be copies and re-named is SsshFlop, copy and re-name this to Sssh, do not forget to re-name the 2 word pad files in SsshFlop to Sssh.
I have created 2 new fielding folder 1 for caps and 1 for sun-hats, ready to be installed when i want to.

problems: 1. every cap is the same colour regardless of team, solution: for australia install a green cap, india blue etc. this may aslo apply to cap badges, again tailor to the appropriate team
2. with the new fielder folder installed in the whites folder, you can not start a new game, the game crashes due to trying to locate a captain mob. file, not sure why as the kits worn by captains at the toss are in the main tim folder, anyway, the solution is to start a new game with the fielder file you backed up to your desktop, save the new game,exit,install any of the new fielder folders, caps or hats,re-start the game .

the above description may be confusing if this is the case post specific questions and i will try to help.
Also, could Jonah let me know if he has tried altering the helmet grill to resemble the batsmen wearing a cap, ie. by removing the bars, i tried this but my batsmen wore a black motorcycle helmet type thing!!

regards,paul

J

jonah

Paul
Good work mate!
No I haven't tried changing my batsmen's helmets. I think Sangamm suggested it, but I didn't bother trying it.
Have you tried the above method to install jumpers in the game?

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
are your hats and caps working o.k?, yes i have tried to install jumpers, the player wears his face and hair on his legs and upper arms, looks as though he is wearing shorts!,apart from that it works ok!, i think this may have something to do with vertex groups, do you know what they are?, me neither. the helmet is a cap by the way, hdk.tim, which is the back of the "helmet", and guard make a cap look like a helmet, i am trying to create just a cap to replace helmet but no joy, i have had the batsmen playing with no pads and an invisible bat, delete batsmen Sssh and replace and re-name with fielder Sssh, but so far no cap.
regards,paul

sukku

Club Cricketer
hi everybody

i have tried the same process in one day kits as paul used to make the fielders wear caps in test matches but we have to use sudharshan's nz kit or make kits according to sudharshan's nz kit process.....if anyone have done this in the default kits let me know and theres a bug ::
the vertex group of the bowlers/fielders is not good ,white colour is on the shoulders in the corner and upper parts when i make them wears cap....can anyone solve this bug ???

if anyone wants fielders wear caps in sudharshan's nz kit ...plz leave ur email addresses below.......

cheers
Anirudha

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Sukku, is this the nz kit that was made in January of this year?, is so i may i have a few ideas on how to use it, also, have you ever tried to implement the players wearing long sleeved shirts?, i think that this may be possible
regards,Paul

sukku

Club Cricketer
yes i m talking about the nz kit that was made in January of this year

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Sukku, have you used this kit in gameplay?, i have had some problems with it other that the bugs you have allready indicated, the batsmens guard for example is not transparent, it has a blackness over the bars, i have tried making the transparent colour black in tim editor but still no change, any ideas? as i would like to use this guard. also, have you any thoughts on the long sleeve shirts?, i have tried swapping tmd files, ie swapping the umpire tmd with the batsmen tmd, to try to get the long sleeve shirt as worn by the umpire but no luck. i do not know why the test whites are shown as being long sleeved yet appear as short sleeved, i think this must be the tmd modelling, but as we can not view tmd models i fear we may not be able to change this.
also regarding the nz kit can you describe how you have made the fielders wear caps as i have not been able to do this so

regards,paul

S

sangamm

Good work paul.But to wear the caps as i suggested earlier.Remove the fence and the back part from the helmet

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Sangamm, please can you send me the tim. for the removed guard and back part of the helmet, when i have tried this method the batsmen has had blackness around his face, where the guard should be, i may be doing something wrong here, please let me have your tim. and i will try that, also, regarding the tmd. editor what are you using to create the editor? 3d studio max or a similar program? let me know
regards, paul

blcguru

School Cricketer
I Again Say,All are in .VG File MA.IF YOU EDIT TMD There is no use.

Users who are viewing this thread